Leather seats on 2010-2012 MKZ question

TonyLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be trading in my 2004LS in the spring. Thinking about picking up either a new 2013 Ford Fussion with the 2.0L ecoboost (depends if I like it after I test drive it), or I'm also interested in a pre-owned MKZ. I'm interested in the 2010 or newer MKZ models, love the split front grill. I would want black or maroon with black interior. All the black interior 2010+ MKZs I've seen come with red piping around the front and rear seats which I'm not a big fan of.

Does the 2010-2012 MKZ come through without the red piping on the black interior?

I don't care for the cashmere interior, it's too close to white for me, but does the 2010-2012 MKZ come with a third color interior, maybe grey?? Which I have in my 2004LS. I haven't seen a third color during my search.

Thanks

I have 2011 black MKZ with black interior and all the black interiors I've seen have the red pipping. I think all interiors have some color pipping.

Never seen the red pipping, but I had 2 black exterior black interior MKZ's and in the 2010 the seats were black with a white pin-stripe going down the middle of the seat and white pipping around and the 2012 was the same seat (different headrest though) but everything was black.

My dad's 2010 MKZ has exactly what 20grand describes up there- black leather, white pinstripe down the middle with white pipping. Gray exterior. Love driving his car, kinda feels like a racecar it grips the road so well. Only problem is I'm 6'6" and my head hits the ceiling with the sunroof in the way.

My dad's 2010 MKZ has exactly what 20grand describes up there- black leather, white pinstripe down the middle with white pipping. Gray exterior. Love driving his car, kinda feels like a racecar it grips the road so well. Only problem is I'm 6'6" and my head hits the ceiling with the sunroof in the way.

You're not the only one. I sat in a 2013 and my forehead was hitting near the front of the ceiling because of that near full top moonroof and my need to see the hood to be confortable driving fast. That's why I sacrificed so much to find my LS without the moonroof. I'm only 5'10".

I fit perfectly fine in my 01 Continental though, sunroof included. Funny how that works

Yeah, its actually a different class of car. My mom had a '97 and I remember it had much more headroom.

Members online

No members online now.
Back