late 80s early 90s Cavilar Z24

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Its my friend but he is getting the check enigne light, we scaned it for codes and got bad Map sensor, we replaced that and the same stuff happens

MarkOfDeath said:
Its my friend but he is getting the check enigne light, we scaned it for codes and got bad Map sensor, we replaced that and the same stuff happens

There can be two sensors that look alike , the map sensor and the baro sensor . Not all chevys have the baro sensor but you car does i believe... The one that causes the most problem is the map sensor it is a rectangular block with a vacuum hose attached to it ... the baro looks exactly the same but no vacuum hose... Did you change the correct sensor ....if you replaced the map , check for vacuum leaks in the hose going to it..could realy use a few symtoms to offer better help.. Are the codes gone now or are you still getting map sensor ?

ya, I checked for leaks but it not my car and i only looked at it for 30 minutes

Go to www.v6z24.com and sign up on the board there. The only place you'll ever need for info on the j-body (cavalier, sunbird, sunfire etc). The people there are very knowledgible on the second gen z24, '88-'91 or so. I'm a member and have owned 3 J's, one being an '88 z24. I'm not too good at diagnosing problems though.

Is the car doing anything while idling or sitting? I got a check light on my '88 and it ended up being the knock sensor. When driving the car the light would come on and the car would dog out for a few minutes.

I am the king of Z24's... it's your MAF sensor that might be actually bad and THROWING OFF the MAP Sensor...

Members online

No members online now.
Back