Keeping your white stripes nice and white

eldo99er

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the Cooper Lifeliner white stripe tires on my 99 Eldorado.

They are actually only a few months old but are not so shiny and white like they were when they were bought. Even the car wash doesn't change that.

How can I get them to be nice and white like they once were and stay that way?

I have had 3" wide whites on an old 55 T-Bird and now have 1" white and 3/8 redlines - on both my 65's (ugly a$$- but factory correct). Anyway I only use Westly's Bleech white and a soft dish brush to keep them white. It works great.

DO NOT LEAVE ON Painted or clear coated rims for long!

Okay, I'm getting ready to try the procedure with the Brillo pad.

Is this really safe to attempt or can I end up damaging my white stripes?

Use something simple, and easy.
I use Quick and bright, and a scrub brush...makes the black and white really stand out!

I have had 3" wide whites on an old 55 T-Bird and now have 1" white and 3/8 redlines - on both my 65's (ugly a$$- but factory correct). Anyway I only use Westly's Bleech white and a soft dish brush to keep them white. It works great.

DO NOT LEAVE ON Painted or clear coated rims for long!
:I

Okay, I'm getting ready to try the procedure with the Brillo pad.

Is this really safe to attempt or can I end up damaging my white stripes?

NEVER USE BRILLO!:eek: Unless the white walls are super dirty and stained.

NEVER USE BRILLO!:eek: Unless the white walls are super dirty and stained.

Hi Merijons97LSC

Why not?

I have been using Brillo pads on my whitewalls for years and never had a problem, brings them up like new, even cleans off the marks left if you nudge a curb leaving no trace.

Regards

Dereck

I use a brillo pad majority of the time, it works great and you can get a brillo or sos pad anywhere. I have used bleach white before as well but affer a while or if you leave it on too long it will cause the white wall to turn a little yellow over time.

Happy Cleaning

I have the Cooper Lifeliner white stripe tires on my 99 Eldorado.

They are actually only a few months old but are not so shiny and white like they were when they were bought. Even the car wash doesn't change that.

How can I get them to be nice and white like they once were and stay that way?

me personallly would use the ultimate white vogue cleaner its better then that wesleys bleche white and a lot let harsh on the white walls as well i get mine for $10 a bottle at my cadillac dealerships vogue center

i use the ultimate white vogue cleaner on my eldo its the best and gets them crispy white like they are brand new and not as harsh as that bleche white stuff

Another household product that works real well, is Shout, or Spray & Wash.

I finally took the chance and tried out the Brillo pad on the white stripes after first soaking them with dish washing liquid.

Worked great, they came out nice and white, and there didn't seem to be any abrasion. It's probably o.k. to use brillos as long as you only do it once or twice a year...

Members online

No members online now.
Back