K & N FILTER(AIR)

bhans40

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone use a air K&N filter? I have a 98 Mark (base) and want to use a K&N.....Can ANYONE help with a p/n sure would appreciate it. I know for sure it can be installed......Why? Cause this fellow installed one in his 98 LSC on youtube.....Just didn't give the p/n for it........ Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen.......Alive by the Grace of GOD.

Anyone use a air K&N filter? I have a 98 Mark (base) and want to use a K&N.....Can ANYONE help with a p/n sure would appreciate it. I know for sure it can be installed......Why? Cause this fellow installed one in his 98 LSC on youtube.....Just didn't give the p/n for it........ Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen.......Alive by the Grace of GOD.
Thanks to a little investigating I have found what I've been looking for.......K&N 33-2073 I believe is the p/n. It's been discontinued by K&N but if you google the p/n you'll find it. I would like to think I've been of service for all of you........Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen......Still alive by the grace of GOD.........83 today

Sorry to get to you after you bought the K&N. Those are about the worst filters in keeping dirt out of your engine. The advertise as a performance filter inmost applications and the reason for that is they are pretty free flowing along with dirt. Years ago their media was tested along with about 7 other filters and they all ways rated at the bottom for dirt retention. Before I knew all this I bought one for a Tahoe 6.5 turbo diesel. One guy said just look thew it at the sun. So I did, and yeah, the sun comes at your eye pretty good right threw the perforated media. A good filter wont let the sun threw. The only half way good K&N is what they had for oiled foam filters. IDK if they still make those but they weren't OEM replacement types.

xtriggerman, just found your reply.....Discontinued means discontinued. Couldn't get one, which is a good thing cause I have a WIX installed and will use Amsoil or WIX for the filter... I will Not use Fram for anything......Read too many negatives.....1) As the 1st post says ....hope I was a little service about these....yeah little to none....Thanks triggerman.....Bruce L. Hansen .....Senior Citizen.....Alive by the Grace of GOD

Members online

Back