Just Cleared my Headlights - Wasn't too bad!

mharrison

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I cleared my Headlights today. It really wasn't too bad and I'm happy with it. My wife was a little disturbed that I've had the car like 3 weeks and I'm starting to modify it. Sigh....She just doesn't understand.

I fabricated the clear lenses myself. I think it turned out pretty good. Now I've got to hook up with GrayGhost and get some side marker lenses. The problem with those is not that they're too expensive, it's that I'm too cheap! :slam

One note for anybody clearing their lights. When you split them, if you get sealant on the black divider plate, scrape off what you can with a flathead screwdriver. Then use Gunk Bug and Tar Remover and a nylon brush on the rest of it. It dissolves right off as you scrub. Then wash with soap and water to get the B & T Remover off. Throw the divider back in the oven for about 5 minutes at 250 degrees to insure that all the water is gone before reassembly.

mharrison said:
Well, I cleared my Headlights today. It really wasn't too bad and I'm happy with it. My wife was a little disturbed that I've had the car like 3 weeks and I'm starting to modify it. Sigh....She just doesn't understand.

I fabricated the clear lenses myself. I think it turned out pretty good. Now I've got to hook up with GrayGhost and get some side marker lenses. The problem with those is not that they're too expensive, it's that I'm too cheap! :slam

One note for anybody clearing their lights. When you split them, if you get sealant on the black divider plate, scrape off what you can with a flathead screwdriver. Then use Gunk Bug and Tar Remover and a nylon brush on the rest of it. It dissolves right off as you scrub. Then wash with soap and water to get the B & T Remover off. Throw the divider back in the oven for about 5 minutes at 250 degrees to insure that all the water is gone before reassembly.

:GotPics:

Man, I thought I had posted pics. What a bonehead! :Bang

Drivers Side After Closer.JPG

Drivers Old & New Brighter.JPG

mharrison said:

Wow, those look kinda familiar. What did you use for the clear corners?

Members online

No members online now.
Back