Jet pump on 2006 LS

kevinhj77

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced the fuel pump on the passenger side of the tank and then saw how dirty the tank was so pulled the jet pump only to find it was a mess and the sending unit on that side was shot. So I found a replacement jet pump from a another 2006 with a clean tank and installed in my car. Seemed to work fine gas gauge works but the after driving a few miles the hose to the small size fitting pops off and off course the car stalls out and dies. This has happened three times. Each time I think I have the clip tight over the fitting bit each time it works it’s way off. I have been working on cars for decades and am better than a shade tree mechanic and I have never had this kind of problem before. The new pump I bought was the most expensive of the ones available. Was a Delphi. I could not find a Motorcraft. Anybody have any suggestions. At this point I am losing confidence in the car and so is the owner.

One of my connections to my fuel filter is bad like that so I wrapped a wire(like a metal coat hanger wire) around it and something else to hold the connection shut, been working so far!

Members online

No members online now.
Back