It seems to be......

Fastbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Fixed!!!!!!!!!

:wave

The dealership caught me off guard and called me today. "Your LS is fixed, it was the fuel pump AND the booster pump, your total bill is $1109.72. You can pick it up until 8 tonight."

I say caught off guard because I NEVER gave authorization to perform the repair. The service managed told the service advisor that he had talked to me, and she mis-interpreted that as he got the OK to fix the pumps from me. Honest mistake, because the service manager HAD talked to me, only a few weeks before when I was getting the coils fixed and I was telling him I'm sure it's a fuel pump issue. I thought about being a jerk and pressing it, but whatever. I can understand a mistake.

Lemme tell ya, the car feels 100X better now. Pulls way harder than it used to, and doesn't hesitate or stop pulling at all.

I think I can say :L for the time being again!!!

Thanks for seeing me through this everyone!!! It only took $2300 of my money, but I haven't talked to the selling dealer yet about the mandatory NJ warranty.

Fastbird said:
Fixed!!!!!!!!!

:wave

The dealership caught me off guard and called me today. "Your LS is fixed, it was the fuel pump AND the booster pump, your total bill is $1109.72. You can pick it up until 8 tonight."

I say caught off guard because I NEVER gave authorization to perform the repair. The service managed told the service advisor that he had talked to me, and she mis-interpreted that as he got the OK to fix the pumps from me. Honest mistake, because the service manager HAD talked to me, only a few weeks before when I was getting the coils fixed and I was telling him I'm sure it's a fuel pump issue. I thought about being a jerk and pressing it, but whatever. I can understand a mistake.

Lemme tell ya, the car feels 100X better now. Pulls way harder than it used to, and doesn't hesitate or stop pulling at all.

I think I can say :L for the time being again!!!

Thanks for seeing me through this everyone!!! It only took $2300 of my money, but I haven't talked to the selling dealer yet about the mandatory NJ warranty.

super. Well fuel pump replacement is about what mine set me back; I didn't want to touch that job at all. Lots of over head work. Nope if I am gonna be looking up for 5 hours it would be with a handfull of dollar bills, looking up at a :tmi: and a big grin on my face. Belay my last my wife is coming to the computer :)

So as i was saying..... are you still disgruntled :)

A little bit. I'm in the hole for the upcoming wedding funds now because of this car. It's cost $2300 in repairs, $1200 of which were "unnecessary" if the dealership had only listened to me in the first place. I was intending to do the pumps myself if they indeed came back bad, and was rather taken aback and ticked that I was left a message saying "it was your pumps, we fixed them, your bill is $1109." I wasn't too happy about that, but can understand the mix up that happened between the service advisor and service manager. Even they knew they were in the wrong as soon as I brought it up. I didn't get charged ANY diagnostic time though, so that helps a little. So yeah, this car has been a financial turd so far.

We'll see how it holds up now, but I will say this:

I was nice to drive it without having to worry about whether or not it will make it home. My confidence with the car will build as the time passes without a problem, knock on wood.

Cool!

Well, I guess Lincoln did what they could to keep the price of this car down by using crappy suppliers on coils, ball joints, window regulators, sealant, seals, valve bodies and fuel pumps. :)

I will say this though. While doing the pumps the tech noticed that I had the original rear seat release cables, which were safety recalled. They replaced those for free too!! I was pleased about that!

Members online

No members online now.
Back