It Broke! Please help!

ColoradoLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So my lincoln finally broke. The driver's side door handle seems to have sheared some of the plastic off so that it doesn't open the door anymore. It a little embarrasing having to roll down the window and open my door from the outside. (and I use this car for work). :Bang :Bang :Bang

Can you guys help me figure out how to dissasemble the inside door panel and get to the handle so I can replace it? I really appreciate any help you can give me.

And any ideas on where to find a new door handle? I really can't afford to get this done at a dealership. And there goes my cold air intake savings fund too! :slam

To take the door off there are 3 screws at the bottom of the door that have to come off 1 screw on the back side of the door towards the top (facing the rear pass). there are 2 screws in side of the handle behind all your window controls. <---that pocket will pull out after you remove the screws. then pop out the plastic trimring around the door handle. Start at the bottom of the door and pull outward and follow all around the door. now you have that off.

Last time I checked, the door handle is held on by rivits.

yes its held on by rivits, u have to drill out the rivits and get more from ur lm dealer. also to open ur door, first look at teh door handle and see if the handle just broke, if so u can still open the door from he inside. just use the unlock button as the handle. if that doesnt work uve got a bigger problem

Thanks guys... The mechanism works fine... It seems like the door handle just snapped. :Bang Does anyone know where I can go to get this part? Or do I need to order it from my dealer?

You should check your local junk yards.. I had the same thing happen to me but I needed the mechanism and all. I got door handle and latch from a junk yard for $150 and hubby put it on.... So IF all u need is the door handle you should be able to find that for $25 or so... cause new the door handle is only $48...... :L

Members online

Back