is this legal?

C

cadiDADI

i have a 99 deville needs head gasket work.. i owe money on the car.. I want to give the car to somebody and since they are getting it free.. i would not want to ever hear about the car.. i would continue to pay the car off and when its all paid up.. give the title to the person who has the car.. is this possible?

i have a 99 deville needs head gasket work.. i owe money on the car.. I want to give the car to somebody and since they are getting it free.. i would not want to ever hear about the car.. i would continue to pay the car off and when its all paid up.. give the title to the person who has the car.. is this possible?
Well, it depends on whether you signed a contract that prohibits selling or giving the car away. By the way, there is a product called Heal-A-Seal which you may want to take a look at before you finally decide whether you want to give the car away. Even if you still want to give it away, you may want to give Heal-A-Seal a chance to repair the head gasket before spending a few thousand dollars on repairs. Here is a link to another site where someone just mentioned having success with Heal-A-Seal.

It's legal as long as you make the payments on it. Essetially, you're loaning the car to your friend. But why would you want to do that???? If this other person wrecks it, or worse kills someone in a wreck, guess who else is going to be hanging by the balls in a lawsuit? YOU. Because the car was registered to you at the time of accident. If this person doesn't maintain it, and say, for example, he kills someone because of bad tires, all he has to say is "I was just borrowing the car for the day", and you're on the hook. We live in a litigious society nowadays. It's best you do everything you can to insulate yourself from litigation.

well i figured i might as well keep the car until its paid off.. i love the car so its a hard decision if i really want to get rid of it. fast, big and safe. this heal a seal product.. do you know anybody that has used it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back