Ipod mini

stateproperty3423

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought an Ipod mini today and want to hook it up to my 03 v6 I have the base one cd head unit can some one give me some info on how you hooked up + mounted your ipods (i searched but couldnt find much) heres a pic of my head unit and oh yeah I think I regret getting the mini one I love the size but its only 4gb do you guys think I should keep it??

81102653208_0_ALB.jpg

stateproperty3423 said:
I just bought an Ipod mini today and want to hook it up to my 03 v6 I have the base one cd head unit can some one give me some info on how you hooked up + mounted your ipods (i searched but couldnt find much) heres a pic of my head unit and oh yeah I think I regret getting the mini one I love the size but its only 4gb do you guys think I should keep it??

I have an aftermarket radio, so I hooked the ipod into the input of the radio. As for a holder, I have the flexdock car charger/holder Plugs into the cigarette lighter, and has an output at the base of the dock, so less wires are shown. The pic down't have the ipod connected, but you can imagine waht it would look like. I'm not sure about the stock HU. I don't think it has an input. You could get the itrip.

I like the mini ipod, it holds enough for me, and the size is nice. I have all my music on it, about 800 songs, and only about 500 of those I actually listen to.

small 2.jpg

stateproperty3423 said:
does any one use this right here http://www.pie.net/applepie.cfm It says i can change the ipod using the cd changer controls but does my hu have cd changer controls? also can some one comment on the sound quality
I use the Griffin iTrip FM transmitter. It saves me time from having to hook it up to my HU. Mine works great........it isn't CD quality but it sounds good enough for me if I am taking long trips.

ive been doing some research and heard that the cassette adapter is better quality than the fm transmitter so i may go the cassette route...does anyone know if my hu has rca plugs on it if so i am doing it that way :feedback

No input on the factory radio. Gonna have to use the cassette adapter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back