Introduction and Pics

NaplesBill

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just thought it was time I introduce myself and post some pics of my '06 Zephyr. This is my first Lincoln. I only had it for a week and a half. I installed an RDS encoder from Kenwood that allows me to keep the stock radio but use Kenwood modules and display the text info on the factory display. It works great and includes a remote. I don't have any pics of the Kenwood controller in action yet. I also had the windows tinted 20% all around. These pics are from the day after I bought it

Zephyr001.jpg

Zephyr005.jpg

Zephyr007.jpg

Zephyr009.jpg

Zephyr011.jpg

Zephyr013.jpg

Thanks. I need to get some pics with the windows tinted. The Explorer in that pic is also mine. I'm thinking of selling it. If I sell the Explorer then I may do the 3d Carbon kit, springs and some 20s.

We have a black 2006 Zephyr, but we leased it. If we had bought it I would have done the tint like you and pretty much the same mods you listed. That
3D carbon body kit looks sooooooooo sweet! Twenties really set the car off too. Do you know where there are any pics of people with this or the MkZ with twenties? I search everywhere and never can seem to find any good pics.

You would really need to spend some time behind the wheel to truly appreciate the beauty of the MKZ/Zephyr interior. All the controls are within easy reach. It really looks great at night as well.

I personally always liked the Mark VIII on the outside but not so much on the inside, it seems too tbird like on the inside. Before I drove a Zephyr the LS was my favorite Lincoln interior. To each his own I guess.

Thanks for the great pix! I see you went with the whiter leather with the cherry? wood? Didn't like the lighter colored wood?

captainalias said:
Thanks for the great pix! I see you went with the whiter leather with the cherry? wood? Didn't like the lighter colored wood?
I think the dark wood looks much richer than the light maple wood. That is the first interior I have seen in the MKZ that looks good. Very nice color combination.

I've read that the gauges are harder to read during the daytime, because they're not backlit. Do you have that problem at all Naplesbill?

GrayGhost1 said:
I think the dark wood looks much richer than the light maple wood. That is the first interior I have seen in the MKZ that looks good. Very nice color combination.

I didn't even realize they offered the darker cherry wood with the white leather. I thought it was only paired with the black leather?

I don't know what you mean about the gauges. They are very easy to read day or night.

The pictures do not do this interior any justice. The seats are actually stone not the creme color that comes with the lighter wood. They have much more gray in them. I bought this car because it had this color combo on the interior.

I don't know how likely it is that you'll find one of these as a rental.

Actually the MKS that is coming as an '08 Model is replacing the LS. I'm not sure how much you are aware but Ford has been reducing it's fleet sales as of late. Ford is very focused on trying to keep resale values higher.

Thanks for the link NaplesBill.
The color combos are black with ebony wood, stone with ebony wood, and tan with the light colored maple. They have not offered the tan with dark wood.
Also about the gauges, I have had no problem whatsoever with seeing them day or night. In fact they spoil me, any time I ride in another car I think of how much I like the white interior lighting.

I am definately liking the white lighting. It's one of the features that turned me on to this car.

Nice looking car. The interior looks modern and fresh.

I actually like the looks of the MKZ, but mad at Lincoln for doing away w/the LS.

How do you like the ride. I love the way the LS handles/rides. I am not much of a fan of fwd.
By the way, any quality/build issues, esp since it is made in Mexico with what is remaining of its male population.

Doug

I drove the Zephyr once, I think the interior qualitywise is better than the LS's.

doug03ls said:
Nice looking car. The interior looks modern and fresh.

I actually like the looks of the MKZ, but mad at Lincoln for doing away w/the LS.

How do you like the ride. I love the way the LS handles/rides. I am not much of a fan of fwd.
By the way, any quality/build issues, esp since it is made in Mexico with what is remaining of its male population.

Doug

The more I drive this car the more I like. What amazes me the most is that there is almost no torque steer. You really have to try hard to find it. I think the ride is a little too soft though. I am planning on doing some stiffer springs and possible thicker sway bars. I don't want to make the ride too firm just a little more sporty. I have also replaced the radio with the factory NAV touchscreen version. I found one on eBay for $660. I had to modify the radio bezel for it to fit. I will post pics soon. I really have no complaints yet.

NaplesBill said:
The more I drive this car the more I like. What amazes me the most is that there is almost no torque steer. You really have to try hard to find it. I think the ride is a little too soft though. I am planning on doing some stiffer springs and possible thicker sway bars. I don't want to make the ride too firm just a little more sporty. I have also replaced the radio with the factory NAV touchscreen version. I found one on eBay for $660. I had to modify the radio bezel for it to fit. I will post pics soon. I really have no complaints yet.

I think they said that the ride is a bit firmer on the '07 MKZ. Did you get the FWD or the AWD?

I think your dark cherry wood is starting to grow on me.

It's FWD and you are correct about the '07. I think I'm going to get the H&R springs but haven't decided yet.

The darker wood is great. It's called Zebra wood or something like that.

Hey dude, Thats a nice Interior combo you have.
I sat in a Zephyr at an auto auction. Man O man I loved this car. I'm 6,1 and even where I adjust the seat to where I like it, there's still tons of room in the back seat. I'm a V8 Fan but every other aspect of this car I love. The seats are so comfortable. It was a base model and yet it still felt top of the line. Even the radio sounded fantastic.

Once You sit inside, It doesn't feel like You're driving an american car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back