Interior Color for Floor mats

mharrison

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My interior code is 42 which translates to Leather & Light Graphite.

I need new floor mats and the ones I keep finding only have Dark Graphite listed as an available color. (There are others of course, but this is the only graphite listed). Is the dark graphite the color I need?

BTW, Why the hell do used car dealerships think we would rather have NO factory mats than dirty factory mats????? WTF? Just throw them in the trunk!

according to trim code, that is correct. they originally listed a light graphite color(YW4Z-5413086-AAC), but have been updated to a medium graphite color(YW4Z-5413086-AAF). shouldn't be a huge difference.

00ls-sport said:
according to trim code, that is correct. they originally listed a light graphite color(YW4Z-5413086-AAC), but have been updated to a medium graphite color(YW4Z-5413086-AAF). shouldn't be a huge difference.

So the light graphite is no longer available? Man this just sucks. I don't want floor mats that kind of match. :Bang Maybe I'll see if the dealer will order them and let me have a look. I'm really hesitant to layout the money without seeing it. Even with one of the online places I'll be in for about $75 and I'm terribly cheap.... heh..heh...

I can only imagine how tough things will get when they kill off the LS altogether!

here is a list of dealers showing the old number. call them to see if they do. i wouldn't bother with the NJ dealer, as they haven't had an inventory update since march. MAKE SURE THEY CHECK THE PART NUMBER SO THAT IT IS THE OLD NUMBER. this is for a set of front mats. let me know if you need the number for the rear mats....which have not been updated to the medium graphite color.

mats.jpg

mharrison said:
My interior code is 42 which translates to Leather & Light Graphite.

I need new floor mats and the ones I keep finding only have Dark Graphite listed as an available color. (There are others of course, but this is the only graphite listed). Is the dark graphite the color I need?

BTW, Why the hell do used car dealerships think we would rather have NO factory mats than dirty factory mats????? WTF? Just throw them in the trunk!
I don't think the contrast would look too bad actually........plus, dark floor mats look cleaner when they're dirty than do light colored ones. Otherwise, why not get some rubber ones? I spent $40 on a real nice pair of mats and have been happy with them. No more getting my carpet or floor mats dirty.

And I'll tell you why most dealerships throw out the "dirty" mats. Some cars don't come with mats.........others only come with 3/4 the mats.....some have been worn so badly that they have holes in them.......and others yet are so stained that to think a customer would want them would be a fallacy. Plus, think about it........they would rather have you come in and buy some floor mats from them rather than giving them to you with your car purchase.

Also, you should be able to see a sample of the fabric in one of their catalogues (the one that shows all the options/colors/etc......i know FORD used to give a whole binder and it had actual samples).......most dealerships keep those around for awhile for various reasons.

Members online

No members online now.
Back