Insurance

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How can this be - yesterday I looked closely at what we are paying for auto insurance. Amazingly we are being charged MORE for our 2014 mkZ than for a brand new Maverick. Called them (USAA) and woman said well old cars dont have all the safety features of new ones. Um maybe you should think again cause this 8 year old Z has all the features of the new Maverick - BLIS, Lane change push thing, collision warning, 8 air bags, active cruise control, and at least one the Mav does not have - inflatable seat belts in the rear seats. WTH is going on? Any ideas, advice?

I think that it wouldn't hurt to get some other companies to quote coverage.
My wife just traded a 2015 car for a 2018 car, and her insurance did go down a little bit. In her case, I suspect that repair/replacement parts are lower cost on the 2018, as it is a much higher volume car than the 2015 she replaced.

I think that it wouldn't hurt to get some other companies to quote coverage.
My wife just traded a 2015 car for a 2018 car, and her insurance did go down a little bit. In her case, I suspect that repair/replacement parts are lower cost on the 2018, as it is a much higher volume car than the 2015 she replaced.
Going to do that. Friend suggested Costco. Wife wants to check AAA. It just doesnt make any sense. I suppose I could drop comprehensive and collision but the car is still like new. Hate to have a dent I have to pay to fix.

In PA we are able to pause our insurance while the car is parked (not used) because many people here have a car for winter and one for the rest of the year. Last year I was notified by State Farm, whom I have been insured with longer that the agent I spoke to has been alive, that I would not be able to pause my insurance anymore. So I shopped around and found that AAA, where I have been a member for about 10 years, would insure me for almost $800 a year less. They too don't allow pausing, but with savings like that, you bet I made that change!

Members online

Back