Instead of a body kit...

JohnnyB

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking. Instead of getting a body kit, what do you guys think about painting the black plastic around the bottom of the car? Do you think it would hold up well or do you think it would get all chipped and ugly from road debris/rocks/whatever?

There was a member on LLSOC that did this on his 2003 LS. He bought the paint from paintscratch.com and had them add the flex additive to the paint. Once he got done it looked really good. I don't how it has held up but as long as it is prepped properly you shouldn't have a problem with it.

I thought about it before, didn't know what it took though.

Its going to look fine, just photoshop the color on the bottom of a picture of your car... juse use the rubber stamp and a careful wand trace...

I have seen a white LS with painted bottom plastic parts, looked really nice, it made the car look even lower. I think it looks really good on light colors like white, silver or something like that.

Im planning on going about doing that....sometime next weekend or so...

Are you going to do it yourself or are you going to have a paint shop do it? Either way, make sure you post some pics. If and when I do it, I'll be getting it done professionally (I don't trust my painting skills).

I was thinking about making a fiberglass copy of them, and painting those. It was too much work for me. If you spend the time on the prepwork, it will look real good.

You mean like this?? I did it about a year ago with about 5, 4oz. cans of Dupli-Color touch-up paint. The only area that hasn't held up very well is the lower front piece. With my car lower, it definitely takes it on the chin, so to speak.

PA300602.JPG

LS4me said:
You mean like this?? I did it about a year ago with about 5, 4oz. cans of Dupli-Color touch-up paint. The only area that hasn't held up very well is the lower front piece. With my car lower, it definitely takes it on the chin, so to speak.
That looks really nice. How is Dick's holding up on LLSOC?

GrayGhost1 said:
That looks really nice. How is Dick's holding up on LLSOC?
Don't know, and he hasn't said. Maybe I should ask??

Here's the other side and the pieces removes for painting:

PA300600.JPG

PA300601.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back