IAC location

92 Arizona Towncar said:
Alright... I'm having one heck of a time locating my IAC on my engine!

Hi 92 Arizona Towncar

The IAC is right at the back of the engine on the left side (brake booster side) of the throttle body adapter elbow, it's burried back there :frown: .

I think the easiest way to get at it would be to remove the throttle body adapter, it only takes a few minutes and you could clean your EGR channels at the same time.

Hope this picture helps.

ISCValve

Regards

Dereck

92 Arizona Towncar said:
In your diagram it's #7 correct? Idle Air Bypass Valve?

Hi 92 Arizonatowncar

That's the critter, it goes under a few different names (IAC, ISC, IAB, ISC-BPA).

Regards

dereck

Dereck said:
Hi 92 Arizonatowncar

That's the critter, it goes under a few different names (IAC, ISC, IAB, ISC-BPA).

Regards

dereck
My brother-in-law said something about removing the shroud that covers the wipers so that you can get at it from a different angle.

It's on the other side of the far left do-hicky with the thingy on top of the whatcha-ma-jig over by the whosa-whatsit. :D

JoshMcMadMac said:
It's on the other side of the far left do-hicky with the thingy on top of the whatcha-ma-jig over by the whosa-whatsit. :D

Hi Josh

Eloquently answered there by the grammer police :wink:

Regards

Dereck

Thanks for posting the picture that shows where the EGR valve is i was wondering where it was . :give :Beer :smilies-3

JoshMcMadMac said:
:I Now that's my kind of car-talk!!!

Removing/Installing this little troublemaker....

First of all, this site has been helpful ... so thank you. Anyway, I just replaced the IAC on my '91 Town Car. What I found to be most difficult is working under the wiring loom, but didn't see any comments anywhere on this. This CAN be done without removing the wire loom! Go to you local auto parts store and purchase flexible retreival tool (not sure if this is the correct nomenclature); you'll know what I mean when you see it. It's about 16" long with a sort of push-button that controls a "claw" at the business end. Once I got the bolts loose, I was able to withdraw them with this amazing tool. Being careful and patient, I was then able to withdraw the IAC enough to disconnect the wire. This flex tool also enabled me to install the new one--even reconnected the wire with this tool! If I can do this, so can you... Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back