i want a 98 mark VIII(i got some ?'s)

Nakoa

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok, i want a 98 mark VIII, but ive got some questions.

what are the differences between the mark VIII and the VIII LSC?

what options are standard on both?

mpg?

performance? ive read its stock somewhere around 280-300 hp..

any things to watch out for?

anythign i might wanna know..

thanks!

The LSC (Luxury Sport Couple) has a painted grill and trim versus the base models chrome. The LSC has dual exhaust and 290hp. Base model doesn't and has 280hp. LSC has 3.27 rear gears versus the base models 3.07 gears. Theoretically the LSC is a little quicker. But I think the differences are minor.

Kbob said:
The LSC (Luxury Sport Couple) has a painted grill and trim versus the base models chrome. The LSC has dual exhaust and 290hp. Base model doesn't and has 280hp. LSC has 3.27 rear gears versus the base models 3.07 gears. Theoretically the LSC is a little quicker. But I think the differences are minor.

Don't be fooled on the Dual exhaust thing... Niether is TRUE dual...

they are neither true dual but it is good for 10hp (280-290). If you are going aftermarket exhuast later it won't be an issue

EDIT: (whoops) LSC: Luxury Sport Coupe (not couple, LOL)

thanks for all the replies.

what kind of fuel economy do these cars get?
do you have to use premium gas?

you get anywhere from 14'sh to 34'sh I like to floor it in city driving, so i get 14.7 usuially, that is like flooring it all the way to the rev limit, if you drive normally, its about 20-24 if your realy nice on the gas, its like 24. highway is good. It can be about 34 at the best for me.

you can use any gas for the car, its got a knock sensor which retards the timing so that you can run 87 octane if you just dont have that extra 2-3$ in your pocket. it recomends...91? 92...somthing, but i usuially use 89.

98, i dont think this is an issue, but if you look for a 97 or earlier....definatly check out for a slip on the first gear and all that. when you drive, dont shock the gas, give it very very tiny gas, and let it try to slip.

you get anywhere from 14'sh to 34'sh I like to floor it in city driving, so i get 14.7 usuially, that is like flooring it all the way to the rev limit, if you drive normally, its about 20-24 if your realy nice on the gas, its like 24. highway is good. It can be about 34 at the best for me.

you can use any gas for the car, its got a knock sensor which retards the timing so that you can run 87 octane if you just dont have that extra 2-3$ in your pocket. it recomends...91? 92...somthing, but i usuially use 89.

98, i dont think this is an issue, but if you look for a 97 or earlier....definatly check out for a slip on the first gear and all that. when you drive, dont shock the gas, give it very very tiny gas, and let it try to slip.
I love to floor my 97 too and that’s exactly how my mpg is also 14.9 now and was coming outta the freeway ramp like a bat outta hell

98 LSC here. Last cross country trip using cruise control and keeping it around 75 in the east and 85 in the west, I averaged 23 mpg from my home in NJ to retirement house in Arizona (2600 miles).
Around town, 18. I don't 'race' it, nor floor it a lot. Just normal driving.
This has been my general experience since I purchased the car in 2015 with about 110k miles.

Members online

Back