I need help!!!!

Nakoa

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ive got a 1990 signature tc. new paintjob, highly maintained, beautiful black leather interior and exterior. 143k on it, new radiator, alternator,heatercore,air suspension, and more... but its got a blown head gasket... how much could i possibly sell this car for? or would i have better luck getting the headgasket replaced and trading it in? i need a car soon.

i think its woth more than 500 being as clean as it is. ive put more than 500 into it in the past 6 months.

-pic

Nakoas lincoln001.jpg

2500-3g with a blwon head gasket?

thanks thamarkman, that car is the absolute most beautiful car i have ever seen, but i really need something new. breaks my heart to think about getting rid of it, but for dependability reasons i want something 96 or newer.

Nakoa said:
2500-3g with a blwon head gasket?

thanks thamarkman, that car is the absolute most beautiful car i have ever seen, but i really need something new. breaks my heart to think about getting rid of it, but for dependability reasons i want something 96 or newer.

Dependable? Mine's a 92 with 261K miles on it... NEVER had a problem besides the usual wear and tear... My friends have more problems with their newer cars then I have had since I bought mine...

Fix the gasket man... Keep that Townie... BTW, ALL the Limo joints love that car because of the trunk!!!!! Sweet Ride... Replace the gaskets and keep it!

92 Arizona Towncar said:
Dependable? Mine's a 92 with 261K miles on it... NEVER had a problem besides the usual wear and tear... My friends have more problems with their newer cars then I have had since I bought mine...

By dependable i mean something that i can rely on, that i can feel confident driving across town or across state and something that i dont have to replace anything on every pay period. every month im replacing something on my car. in a year and a half of ownership i have replaced Air suspension(300), had the top totally reglued and stretched(50), windshield(225 + 70 because i had to take it back to the top shop and have them pull the top back and reglue it), 2 radiators(250 the first time, 200 the second), thermostat(45), heatercore(250), various work to get my heater working (200), fuel pump(250), 3 alternators(65,65 and 130), window regulator( i think it was like 60 to get that changed out, dont remember), battery(60 or 70?). and now the blown head gasket. you cant just replace the gasket without redoing alot of it, otheriwse in 6 months its going to happen again. that going to be anywhere form 800-1300 that i dont want to ask my mom to put into my car(shes paid for every single repair). Theres more, but i cant think of it off the top of my head. i bought my car june 16th of 2003, it had 112k on it. today is april 19th 2005 and it has 143k on it and in that 30k mile span, i have almost put into it in repair costs what i paid for it. Im glad you got that 1/4 million out of your car, apparantly im not that lucky.

We have never had good luck with lincolns, my mom has had 3 since i was a child and mine makes 4, and they have all ended up rotting away in the back yard, i hope mine doesnt suffer the same fate.
considering everything i have put into it and how clean it is, i would like to get 1500 out of it. might get it, might not, but the car has been well taken care of.

It is a nice car, dont get me wrong, ive just had too many problems and am sick of dealing with it. Its a shame because that is my favorite year for the towncar(exterior and interior), and have never sat on such comfortable seats(i could use the backseat as a replacement for my bed and probably have more room and be way more comfortable) or driven a car that was as enjoyable to drive. and its black on black(so so sexy). and is one of the very few cars that i actually loved the stock wheels on(my car is totally sexy with the stock wheels)

and yes, my next car will be a lincoln(hopefully a 2000 or newer). :steering :L

I could say my car is like that super sexy girlfriend that likes to cheat on me and break up with me every othe rmonth, like clockwork, but shes so hot i cant help but love her.

Doesn't sound like the car was well maintained at all besides being shiny. If the anti-freeze is changed every 3yr or 30k and distilled water is used that'll help prevent the system gunking up and rusting out as well as the pump, gasket, thermostat life, circulation of fluid. The thermo could have been done at home alot cheaper. As well as given the age just lack of use may have caused the air susp to wear plus coil springs wear out too espically on a 13 year old car. As for the alternator were those autozone rebuilds or ford ones? As unlike general motors the ford ones aren't as underpowered and are a bit heavier duty. Espically the 130 amp. These cars go hundreds of thousand miles consistantly sounds like you have maintnance issues. Fuel pump are given extra wear many times by people consistantly running the tank very low and the fuel which cools the pump is not there enough to do so.

lets not get into a pissing match over how well I took car of my own car, i know what i did to take care of it and i know what went wrong.
oil changes religiously, and as for the antifreeze.. it was changed when i bought it and then changed about 3 more times due to bad radiators. could have changed the thermostat at home, couldnt get my big hands in there.
there are no auto zone parts on my car(other than the battery, and thats because my mom went there without me.). i get my stuff from o'rielly's, better quality parts. 2 of the alternators were rebuilt, the most recent is brand new.

I just always seem to end up with the things that never seem to like me.
:F

Nakoa said:
lets not get into a pissing match over how well I took car of my own car, i know what i did to take care of it and i know what went wrong.
oil changes religiously, and as for the antifreeze.. it was changed when i bought it and then changed about 3 more times due to bad radiators. could have changed the thermostat at home, couldnt get my big hands in there.
there are no auto zone parts on my car(other than the battery, and thats because my mom went there without me.). i get my stuff from o'rielly's, better quality parts. 2 of the alternators were rebuilt, the most recent is brand new.

I just always seem to end up with the things that never seem to like me.
:F

I wasn't saying necesarily you did bad maintnance but rather that it was old and may have been neglected in the past. For example my dad bought a 93 lesabre 2 years ago with only 31,000 miles on it and in the year we owned it we had to replace the condenser, all 4 struts tranny& standard radiator built into each other and rotted between them. Oh and all 4 corners new pads and rotors. The car was a 1 owner elderly couple no rust and not driven in the winter unless the roads were dry. It was just things dried out and wore out. Plus as with most people they wen't my milage not age to change fluids which obviously didn't help the radiator. The struts were not leaking or had been wiped off but had no compression left in them at all, just from age.

Members online

No members online now.
Back