I have a problem with my LS NEED HELP

firefighterfoster1

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a serious problem with my LS. A few weeks back I put a post on here about my car shuttering. At first I thought the fuel filter was stopped up, so I changed it. It ran fine for about 2 weeks. Then I noticed it again. It shutters at 40 mph and just below 2000 rpm. This is becoming a major headache and "aspirin ain't helpin". I also want to know if there is a fuel filter inside the gas tank(I was told that the car has 2). Any help, advice , or words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.: I almost forgot can anyone please tell me where I can get a set of 20x8.5" rims for under $1500. Preferrably in Georgia, I live in Madison 60 miles east of Atlanta. :L

Have you checked the coils to see if they were oil soaked? That is probably the most common problem with the 2000 v8 LS.

lsbit said:
Have you checked the coils to see if they were oil soaked? That is probably the most common problem with the 2000 v8 LS.

I would take it to a good dealer and let them run a diagnostic. It could be a million things.

same problem

I have a 00' V6 manual and I have the same issue my check engine light flashes when it shudders it only happens in 1st 2nd and 3rd ger not in 4th or 5th and only when I acccelerate hard.

P.S. i have a guy in florida that can get u rims under 1500 with tires shipped to your door. check my signature, if the rims u want arent on the website he can get em cheaper than any other place you go through. tell him billy sent you(if that means anything) :)

Coils, mine did the exact same thing. Get the bad coils replaced and valve cover gaskets if necessary.

i'm not really much if a mechanic. so could someone to me where the coils are and what to look for. i appreciate the help thanx.

sweet rims lenndawg but they're not really my style thanx anyway.

firefighterfoster1 said:
i'm not really much if a mechanic. so could someone to me where the coils are and what to look for. i appreciate the help thanx.

sweet rims lenndawg but they're not really my style thanx anyway.

Look at the web pages in my signature.

same problem...

I had to get my car towed into the dealer because my check engine light was flashing.....meaning that my engine was misfiring... they told me yesterday it was my coil so now they are searching for where the oil came from. all this is covered by my warranty so it's all good should have my car back today.

00ls5spd said:
I had to get my car towed into the dealer because my check engine light was flashing.....meaning that my engine was misfiring... they told me yesterday it was my coil so now they are searching for where the oil came from. all this is covered by my warranty so it's all good should have my car back today.

They're searching????????? DUH! If they have to look very long, I would look for another dealer. I'm serious.

just the guys wording...

the tech told me he was looking for the oil leak, they since have told me that they are replacing my valve cover and gaskets (of course) my dealer knows what they are doing......

Members online

No members online now.
Back