I hate my LS right now

JohnnyB

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My effen door handle just broke off! I just got home and went to get out of the LS and pop! the handle was now in my hand. :Bang Effen cheap azz plastic pos. Anyhow, does anyone know the part # for the handle. I would like to fix this asap. Thanks.

Interior or exterior? Give these guys a call... Triplett ASAP they are auto recyclers. 1 800 822 5555 If you tell tehm what you need, they can almost certainly hook you up, and they are reasonable.

Don't remember the part number.... but dont worry..... easy fix.... take off the door panel, drill 3 rivets, put in 3 new rivets... you're ready to go......... but yeah, i felt like an ass rolling down my window and reaching outside to open my door when it happened to me

Try Maxx at 5 star ford also. (ad on right side of the page) He usually has the best prices on OEM parts

Thanks guys, I'll give those places a try to see what they can get me. I agree with mikepietras04, I feel ashamed when I pull up in my nice shiny Lincoln and then roll down the window to open the door. I had a '79 Grand Prix that did the same thing...on both sides...twice.

wow. a couple months ago, my door wouldnt open from the inside OR the outside. just out of the blue. completely different problem, but i took it in, and they charged me $500 to replace an $80 part!!! it had come loose, and eventually the cable that pulls open the door with the handle got worn out.
it took them 3 hours to get the panel off!!!!
i've taken that panel off in 10 minutes, but then again, the door was able to open when i did it.

i can definitely relate! its a pain in the a$$
seems i dont have the common problems, the probs that i have are just plain crazy!!!

luckieleo said:
still cursing, and still paying for it. :mad:

I have found that each trip to the dealer will cost no less than 500 dollars. 500 must be a magic mark for them. I have never gotten out for less than that.

JohnnyB said:
My effen door handle just broke off! I just got home and went to get out of the LS and pop! the handle was now in my hand. :Bang Effen cheap azz plastic pos. Anyhow, does anyone know the part # for the handle. I would like to fix this asap. Thanks.
This just happened to me a couple weeks ago. I took it to a guy I know and the part was around $40, I think it cost $55 for everything. It really sucks to have to roll the window down to get out. I still find myself doing it now that it is fixed.

My exterior handle did work a few weeks ago. could have been a fluke I had to open the rear door and reach the handle from the inside. It hasnt happened since. I attributed it to the doors not unlocking with the remote but now that I think about it. The passenger side doors opened becasue my son got in the front door just fine.

I dont like the idea that I might get trapped in the car becasue the door handle failed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back