I Finally Found you People !!

Jason92Classic

New LVC Member
Reaction score
<phew!>

I've been looking all over for a good Lincoln forum but wasn't about to pay for LLSOC without knowing what I was getting for my money (besides a discount on something I'm not ready to purchase yet).

My wife has an 02 LSE that we love and I get to drive mostly now -- the kids are back in school so she prefers my Pathfinder for all those errands (can't blame her, it has 3 rows of seats, dvd, etc, etc).

I've been a gearhead forever and tuned a Classic Sentra SE-R into the 12s with minor modification and a little nitrous (hence my name, it refers to the B13 generation Nissans). It seemed at first that most LS owners only wanted to "pimp" their LS whereas I'm seeing the true marvel in engineering that it is. I've been finding great work and thought from QuickLS and GreyGhost and a host of others so my hat is off to you (not to offend anyone, I just got caught up in most of their intake/exhaust threads and I'm a fan of fluids). I even found your friend Kevin -- he seems like a PITA but he asks good questions and you guys give lucid, well-thought out answers instead of blowing him off.

I'll only be in this forum -- I'm ignorant w.r.t. Cadillacs so I won't browse them much.

Like I mentioned, we love our LSE (the "E" stands for "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"), it's comfortable, fast, and seems to get better mileage the closer we keep it to 90 MPH.

I don't condone street racing, but I have to mention: My wife and I were at a light 2 nights ago and it was the last light before a controlled access highway. A Mark 8 pulls up (of which I know nothing), revs a mean-sounding motor, and I TOASTED HIM on green! Looking back, it was b/c he spent a crucial ha-second or second boiling his tires on green and our traction control gave us a clean launch. He gave us huge thumbs up when we let him by at 90 so he was definitely impressed.

Take care and keep tweaking,

Jason92Classic said:
A Mark 8 pulls up (of which I know nothing), revs a mean-sounding motor, and I TOASTED HIM on green! Looking back, it was b/c he spent a crucial ha-second or second boiling his tires on green and our traction control gave us a clean launch.

Hey easy there cowboy. There are more than a few of us Mark VIII guys capable of laying the wood on some LS's. Maybe we have to change the site name to VIII's vs LS's.

LOL. btw, welcome.

Welcome Aboard The Best Site You'll Ever Find!! I Love This Site! Not One Day Goes By That I'm Not In Here Finding Out New Things About The Ls!! There Are Great People On Here!! :l

Stock MarkVIII vs stock LS, which is quicker off the line?

Glad you found the site! Welcome!

Welcoma aboard. Please checkout the SE Chapter, links in my signature. Consider meeting us at the Atlanta NOPI event in September.

Jason92Classic said:
<phew!>

I've been looking all over for a good Lincoln forum but wasn't about to pay for LLSOC without knowing what I was getting for my money (besides a discount on something I'm not ready to purchase yet).

My wife has an 02 LSE that we love and I get to drive mostly now -- the kids are back in school so she prefers my Pathfinder for all those errands (can't blame her, it has 3 rows of seats, dvd, etc, etc).

I've been a gearhead forever and tuned a Classic Sentra SE-R into the 12s with minor modification and a little nitrous (hence my name, it refers to the B13 generation Nissans). It seemed at first that most LS owners only wanted to "pimp" their LS whereas I'm seeing the true marvel in engineering that it is. I've been finding great work and thought from QuickLS and GreyGhost and a host of others so my hat is off to you (not to offend anyone, I just got caught up in most of their intake/exhaust threads and I'm a fan of fluids). I even found your friend Kevin -- he seems like a PITA but he asks good questions and you guys give lucid, well-thought out answers instead of blowing him off.

I'll only be in this forum -- I'm ignorant w.r.t. Cadillacs so I won't browse them much.

Like I mentioned, we love our LSE (the "E" stands for "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"), it's comfortable, fast, and seems to get better mileage the closer we keep it to 90 MPH.

I don't condone street racing, but I have to mention: My wife and I were at a light 2 nights ago and it was the last light before a controlled access highway. A Mark 8 pulls up (of which I know nothing), revs a mean-sounding motor, and I TOASTED HIM on green! Looking back, it was b/c he spent a crucial ha-second or second boiling his tires on green and our traction control gave us a clean launch. He gave us huge thumbs up when we let him by at 90 so he was definitely impressed.

Take care and keep tweaking,

Welcome to the ONLY site that matters for Lincolns!

And sometimes they have Caddy stuff on here too!

HAHA

-Scott-

MonsterMark said:
Hey easy there cowboy. There are more than a few of us Mark VIII guys capable of laying the wood on some LS's. Maybe we have to change the site name to VIII's vs LS's.

LOL. btw, welcome.

Thanks!

Yeah, that's what I mean -- he probably just opened the pipes or something and I'm betting he'd have given me hell if he had hooked! I had no idea that another lincoln could run like that!

Here's a funny story:

I've never liked American cars -- in fact, I used to LOATH THEM ENTIRELY. When my wife called me last year to ask me to "check out this lincoln" I was like, "WTF? Are you smoking crack? Only old farts and cops drive lincolns!" She was like, "trust me..."

The rest is family history!

You know...US. The Lincoln and Caddy freaks. Hey, when you're out there in internet space and you come upon a site link like ours, it is like finding the holy grail.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
welcome to LvC

Thanks.

Man, I had to buy a tire yesterday since I boiled one off this past weekend -- these suckers are expensive!! Luckily I found a used one with almost perfect tread for $35 !!!

My neighbors think I'm insane -- I made a 113' black mark on our street (yes, I'm a big redneck adolescent sometimes, I just saw Starsky & Hutch!). They thought it was so funny that THEY got out the measuring tape~!

Jason92Classic said:
Thanks.

Man, I had to buy a tire yesterday since I boiled one off this past weekend -- these suckers are expensive!! Luckily I found a used one with almost perfect tread for $35 !!!

My neighbors think I'm insane -- I made a 113' black mark on our street (yes, I'm a big redneck adolescent sometimes, I just saw Starsky & Hutch!). They thought it was so funny that THEY got out the measuring tape~!

hey Jason92Classic where the pics of the new LS. You have the V8 correct??

Members online

No members online now.
Back