Hydraulic Fan Issue

I came back from the dealer and THEY DID NOTHING. They told me I had a leak in a hose and thats whats causing the overheating. They said they'll start from there. I never had to add coolant, nor did I ever see anything on the floor. The fan was not clicking into faster speeds yet they could not go further. I can't go to other dealers cause of same amatuer diagnosing reasons like this. I can't find a good local dealer. I've been having a check charging system come in from time to time for 2 yrs. comes up for 30 secs then dissapears. They said I also need to replace the alternator to make the system run smoothly. I don't think I need a new alternator cause my car has been doing this for 2yrs with never a problem. Whats that all about. Anyway I told them to replace the hydraulic pump and I'll bite the bullet if that does not solve problem. They said they would have to order it and I'd have to leave my car over the weekend. I left. What should I do cause I have no way of checking the ohm. Should I just buy a hydraulic pump and do it myself or should I buy the fan. The fan doesn't spin at top speed at all somedays . Sometimes it works.at full speed when I put the ac on to check it.Should I replace the fan assembly or the hydraulic pump? thanks

the pump controls the speed of the fan ..if the solenoid gets stuck u wont have high fan. im goin to say ur pump is the problem. :woowoo2:

joedirt said:
the pump controls the speed of the fan ..if the solenoid gets stuck u wont have high fan. im goin to say ur pump is the problem. :woowoo2:
THANX FOR YOUR HELP. I just recieved the pump assembly with the solenoid today from the dealer. Luckily I had a connection at parts dept. at the dealer I don't get service anymore<amateurs> and I bought it for $242 only. I bought it with your advice cause doing all my research plus this forum I think thats going to be it. I guess I need to use the pulley from the old pump huh? Also should I attempt to go from underneath and remove alternator first or do I have more room getting in from on top? thanx again :Beer and I'll keep everyone posted.

APOLLO24 said:
THANX FOR YOUR HELP. I just recieved the pump assembly with the solenoid today from the dealer. Luckily I had a connection at parts dept. at the dealer I don't get service anymore<amateurs> and I bought it for $242 only. I bought it with your advice cause doing all my research plus this forum I think thats going to be it. I guess I need to use the pulley from the old pump huh? Also should I attempt to go from underneath and remove alternator first or do I have more room getting in from on top? thanx again :Beer and I'll keep everyone posted.
You'll have better luck going at it from the bottom.........I believe I posted a how-to of some sorts if you search the threads for this issue. Its going to be hard to do considering the lack of room, so set yourself a lot of time to do it.
Relieve tension on belt and remove alternator. From there, you will remove a high pressure line bracket on the top side of the pump, remove the 4 bolts holding the pump on. Remove the fluid line going into the pump and let it drain. From there, you will remove the high pressure line going out of the pump (on the top side). You will need a 20mm wrench for that. You will also need teflon seals to replace the old ones. If I remember correctly, you will need to reuse your old highpressure line fitting as you will screw it into your new pump (the new pump comes with the fitting, however, not the line that crimps into it). You'll see what I mean when you get to that point. From there, you'll pull the pulley off and go install. Anymore questions, let me know. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.
Back