Howdy!

genechaz

LVC Member
Reaction score
Although I have been using computers and the internet for many years, This is the first time I have ever attempted to join a forum. Bare with me, while I try to figure out what to do. I just kinda found this place while I was looking for some parts for my new toy.

About 2 months ago I purchased a 1991 Cadillac Seville. It's an Ebay special. I thought I would take a chance, as I unable to find any older cadillacs in good shape around home. And never a Seville. Anyway, the outside is in pretty good shape, and the car was said to run good, but that the interior was questionable. I only paid $700.00 and I figured that a good body on a car that ran was worth at least that much. Well, It looks like I'm going to pay for that assumption.

Drove 150 miles to pick it up, and only got 30 miles back before the trany went out. Out course it was in a small town of about 800 people, and only one repair place within 50 miles. It took 3 transmissions and 5 weeks to get it fixed and in my driveway. Since then I have had it in and out of the shop having one thing after another replaced. I've spent another couple thousand getting the brakes, waterpump, starter, motor mounts and so on fixed. She still need a good tune up with a new set of plug wires and the exhust gaskets replaced. (I know it's going to be nice when I get her running on all 8 cylinders). And what the hell is a Body controll module, better yet what does it do? There is only 1 Cadillac dealer where I live. All they could tell me was that the body control module controlles the stuff on the body. Go figure.

When I get it running right, I will still need to get the interior fixed up. So anyone got any suggestions? I would have never guessed that the 1986 -91 Seville would be hard to find parts for. Well, at least the parts I need. I've been looking all over the internet for the last 3 weeks, and can not find any upper door trim panels anywhere. It's kinda like this car never existed. Carpet, and arm rest covers, no problem, but no door panels! Everythings fine up to 1985 and it starts up again at 1992. I can find them for everything but what I need. I guess you just have to be a Cadillac lover to understand that it will be worth it when she's done.

If you know of a place that I can find the interior upper door panels please let me know. The ones I have are litterally peeling off the doors.

:feedback

:W to :V there are cadillac owners here ask them and they will help you out.

:W nice seeing more Cadillac owners signing up. This is a fun sight with lots of Tech help for those nasty problems that come up.

I'm sure you can save a few buck here with the great advice and experience many of the :V members have. I know it has helped me.

Make sure you sign up with your Area Chapter for local events. :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back