how do you remove the shifter 00 ls

kyls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if anybody knows how to remove the shifter knob on a 00 ls?

just go ahead and sell your car while you can. i had a 200 ls and all it did was break down and need repairs. i only had it for a year and had already sunk 2500 into ther car. SELL IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN! thats the year those cars came out so naturally there will be lots of fun repair jobs ahead.

limcolnlspimp said:
just go ahead and sell your car while you can. i had a 200 ls and all it did was break down and need repairs. i only had it for a year and had already sunk 2500 into ther car. SELL IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN! thats the year those cars came out so naturally there will be lots of fun repair jobs ahead.

I'm sure everyone has had different experiences. Knock on wud... with 65K miles, besides replacing my rearview mirror, I've not spent one dime in repairs on my 2000.

you just couldnt handle the ls I already put 5 grand in my 2000 and I only have had it for 5 months but :q:q:q:q it................... go hard or go home :) :waving:

funny posts...guy asks about removing a shifter and receives advice that he should just sell the car...LOL great post made me laugh until i realized that I drive an LS. still funny however cuse i have an 02 I hope that not everybody's 00 is that bad...

Removing the shifter knob

Just pull down on the ring around the bottom until the set screws are exposed. Than back the screws out and slide it off.

Funny posts on th '00 LS folks. I hope that's a minority and not a majority of the '00's. My '02 has not had any problems thus yet. I hope it stays that way!

Members online

No members online now.
Back