How can you cope with $55,000 in student loans on $33,000 in income?

For once I actually agree with Lincolnx2, join the military.
1. Job security out the ying yang
2. Pay isnt bad, enough to live comfortably
3. Free college
4. Since of pride you cant find anywhere else, for the few and the proud that is. :)

I went to WVU for 3 years before I joined, ran out of money and needed some help. Thought to myself "be a Marine, they help with college". 11 years later here I am. No need for a degree now. Sure I could finish and become an officer, but thats not for me. I'm an enlisted man, its in my blood.

3. Free college
4. Since of pride you cant find anywhere else, for the few and the proud that is. :)

I went to WVU for 3 years before I joined, ran out of money and needed some help. Thought to myself "be a Marine, they help with college". 11 years later here I am. No need for a degree now. Sure I could finish and become an officer, but thats not for me. I'm an enlisted man, its in my blood.

Its not a bad way to go.
My son is 16.
I won't have the money to send him for a four year ride, he knows this.
He is talking Air Force.
It was all his idea, I will support him in whatever he decides.

Its not a bad way to go.
My son is 16.
I won't have the money to send him for a four year ride, he knows this.
He is talking Air Force.
It was all his idea, I will support him in whatever he decides.

The Airforce has a six month wait! Might want to Navy or Army, tell him to do Communication or any job that requires him to get a Top Secret Clearance, it will pay off if he decides to get out.

3. Free college

Same here been in for 7, retire at 38 years old, cant beat it. The military gave me the confidence that I have today.

The Airforce has a six month wait! Might want to Navy or Army, tell him to do Communication or any job that requires him to get a Top Secret Clearance, it will pay off if he decides to get out.

Well hes 16 so he has a couple years funny thing Communication area is what he was talking about.
He is a real smart kid.
I don't know were he got it from.
Not my ex thats for sure ;)

Well hes 16 so he has a couple years funny thing Communication area is what he was talking about.
He is a real smart kid.
I don't know were he got it from.
Not my ex thats for sure ;)

Actually he can do Basic Training when he complete's 11th grade, it will give him pay as a E1 maybe an E3 for nine weeks, and complete his job training after he graduates highschool, if he still wants to join, shoot me a PM, I cant put him in but I can get him as much as possible, and tell you if the recruiter is full of crap.

Would you rather your doctor skip college and just go right into working on patients?

Or how about your lawyer skip college and just kind guess his or her way through the labrynthe of BS that is the American Justice System?

Perhaps the engineer who designed your buildings should have skipped college. Alll those pesky codes and physics classes really don't have much impact on structural integrity anyways.

Some careers require college. Unfortunately, many do not, and that is where many people fall into trouble. I am, however, happy to say that as of my five year high school reunion I can see a direct correlation between those of us who went to college and those who did not. Namely, those of us with paper are employed. Those without, are not. Regardless of how it is cut, we made out better.

Doctors and lawers learn their trades in Med School and Law School, often after wasting years and thousands of dollars in college. Most careers that require college are not served well by the time people persuing them wasted on required liberal arts courses.

Those of us who went to college would have done better any way as we tend to study and have an interest in learning that many don't share. If your intelligent going to school doesn't make you smarter, it just helps make you less ignorant. I've known many successful, itelligent people who have not even finished high school. Degrees are an elitist tool useful for scocial stratification.

So if he does basic between 11 and 12 grade, whats he do during his senior year? Thats crazy. I have never heard of that. Doesnt happen in the Corps. Once you sign the papers and ship out, thats it. done deal. You get leave after boot camp and then go to combat training and then to your MOS school.

So if he does basic between 11 and 12 grade, whats he do during his senior year? Thats crazy. I have never heard of that. Doesnt happen in the Corps. Once you sign the papers and ship out, thats it. done deal. You get leave after boot camp and then go to combat training and then to your MOS school.

I have heard about this being down.

Members online

No members online now.
Back