hot and cold ac

mikedeezy123

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
can anyone point me in the right direction to the threads regarding the intermittent hot and cold air comin out my vents. or if u wanna shed some light on what causes the problem and how it can be fixed.
thanks!

mikedeezy123 said:
can anyone point me in the right direction to the threads regarding the intermittent hot and cold air comin out my vents. or if u wanna shed some light on what causes the problem and how it can be fixed.
thanks!

My car is doing this and I bought a coolant conrtol valve. According to my stealership that what they reccommend the part is bout $300 unless you can get the hookup. I got mine for about $160. There is another thread on this with the valve part#s and labor costs

so what is the exact problem.

is there a drastic difference in tempeture between the left and right vents? Or does the ac get cold then all of a sudden blow warm, then back to cold, then warm.

drastic left to right temp differences (more than 10 degrees) you would be looking at the dual coolant control valve.

the cold then hot, cold then hot, i would be looking a bad Evaporator discharge temp sensor.

there are service bulletins on both, with how to check them.

Jay

LincolnTech38 said:
so what is the exact problem.

is there a drastic difference in tempeture between the left and right vents?
drastic left to right temp differences (more than 10 degrees) you would be looking at the dual coolant control valve.

Jay

This is my problem.

is this gonnna be expensive to fix?

I paid for an extended warranty, this should be covered right? while i am in there to fix this....should i have em check something else why they are at it. might as well cuz i gotta pay 100 dollar deductible.

there is a tsb for that if you are talking about dual zone a/c problems -yes it's pricey and yes it's not fun to change, under hood ,behind motor,etc...lol

well i bought my ls at an infiniti dealership and paid like 1800 for their best warranty. i will call and find out.

Members online

Back