hope someone knows parts !

old black car

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 TC signature , Im looking to over haul the upper & lower control arms, all the parts that are listed by most consider there parts of med. grade example Moog has a series caller professional. and another grade they call mid grade the price is 100$ difference but they discontinued the pro.grade but I'm told that some of the aftermarket co. are even better than the original , at super low price . but without knowing from someone that has experience and knows the life of the part. its difficult. but on a forum like this Im sure many have used both and knows the difference . I hope some one can tell me from there own car how well it has held up and if they might even know what brand , number, grade , that would be helpful. I've found complete lower arms w/ball joint go from 58$ to 100$ to 200$ no name was 58$ but no name! but again another might display a brand but what quality? and I never heard of them. but not to say it don't go the distance ,I just don't know! My pal says get the cheep one, you can change it 4 x's and still not exceed the price of factory, but I'm old and don't see my self changing out every 30 K because there cheep. so that's my dilemma. has any one found front end parts that last and not brake the bank? another Question My AC/heat control module works fine! its the LED screen is more off than on ,so a wire is not doing it job and intermittingly going on . if no one knows "how to" on that, maybe a schematic, showing where the problem is or knowing where the power goes to for the LED ,anything would be helpful I've tried but no success so I'm here, thanks for your help ! hope someone see's this. ... "Old Black Car" ...JP

Last edited:
Try TRW. As a mechanic for 35 years, I used them for all suspension repairs.

thanks, I'm looking into it as we speak. Moog let me down on a complete unit on there upgrade but I'll ck on TRW and see. it was a great brand when I wrenched , but bodywork consumed my ladder career and I got away from what is currant , thanks again I will accept any info that will help. ....jp

Members online

Back