Hey I have the side airbag problem

JES_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ever couple of days for last two weeks the air bag light starts flashing. I counted the flashes and looked them up. Its a 36 LFC which is a short in the drivers side side-airbag. If I do nothing but keep using the vehicle and keep swapping the driving with my wife, the flashing and the fault go away.
I bribed (wo six packs of Harp) a friend that is a ford master tech to bring over the shop's portable scanner and it does not show a hard fault code.

So it looks like I have the dreaded seat air bag connector problem. I have no time to waste on this as it is the only running vehicle in the family right now, (my Stang Gt interior is out to replace the rotting carpet + seat cover+ new alarm and the pathfinder cracked the radiator the other day).
my buddy the tech said he heard about this before and there was repair kit for the connectors, but did not remember the part number for it.

does anyone know the number for these connector repair kits?
I have used the ones for the fan connectors and headlight wiring kits in other fords, so it would not be that much of a stretch for me.

Airbag Problem

I had the same problem. It came out to be the clock spring. It ran me $150.00 bucks on the outside. One of the Lincoln techs does work for me on the side. The tech also thought it may the connectors messing up with the seats going back and forth but those were the first things checked. Hope that helps.At the
JES_LS said:
Ever couple of days for last two weeks the air bag light starts flashing. I counted the flashes and looked them up. Its a 36 LFC which is a short in the drivers side side-airbag. If I do nothing but keep using the vehicle and keep swapping the driving with my wife, the flashing and the fault go away.
I bribed (wo six packs of Harp) a friend that is a ford master tech to bring over the shop's portable scanner and it does not show a hard fault code.

So it looks like I have the dreaded seat air bag connector problem. I have no time to waste on this as it is the only running vehicle in the family right now, (my Stang Gt interior is out to replace the rotting carpet + seat cover+ new alarm and the pathfinder cracked the radiator the other day).
my buddy the tech said he heard about this before and there was repair kit for the connectors, but did not remember the part number for it.

does anyone know the number for these connector repair kits?
I have used the ones for the fan connectors and headlight wiring kits in other fords, so it would not be that much of a stretch for me.

Thanks Tex for your input. I've already looked up the codes and they tell me it is the seat's airbag, it is intermittent and not setting a hard code.

I will check the connections under the seat and in the pillar to see if I can figure it out this weekend.

Airbag Problem

I also forgot, there is also a TSB out for that problem. Call the dealership with your code info.
JES_LS said:
Thanks Tex for your input. I've already looked up the codes and they tell me it is the seat's airbag, it is intermittent and not setting a hard code.

I will check the connections under the seat and in the pillar to see if I can figure it out this weekend.

Members online

Back