here are the seats i want,need spotters

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys,like i have posted in several threads, i am working on a personal deadline to have my car finished,mostly by late spring or early summer,i looked at a lot of aftermarket seats(as mine at 160k are getting worn) I didn't want a lot of flash and wanted somthing sporty but look like it belongs, the first was the summit sport , which i have as the first pic,but it was fake leather,and was 219 a piece,i am always on a look for a bargin and am now hooked on e bay,so about 3 weeks a go a mazda mx6 came into the shop and i said OMG these are it(see second pic).they will go great almost like they belong!these are out of a 1996 ,so that is what i'll be looking for or same model years,i fig i can get em cheaper than aftermarket too!
so guys,help me out I am looking for these seats,salvage yards, wrecked cars, help me out, i haven't found anything yet in my area or e bay,2 things though , they have to be in good shape,leather,and preferrably tan but will take black,maybe charcoal or brown. e mail me ,pm me or add to this thread with any info or ideas where to look,web sites etc.
I know they will be part rice....but a mazdas IS a Ford right?......anyway thanks for all your help!!!! :Beer :feedback btw what do you think of them?

sum-g1155b.jpg

MX6%20(30).jpg

Those are not too bad, it may be difficult to find them in the color you want them, and you might have to have them restitched. There is a company called Katzkin Leather that makes covers in leather, and other colors for most cars on the market. Here is a pic of a set of seats I had in my s-10. They were from a 90 Honda Accord, and I paid $20 for both of them at a local salvage yard when I was in Oregon. I had them custom stitched for about $350 (including the custom embroidery), now it was tweed (mini-trucker) stitched, but the seats were WAY comfortable, and the side bolsters were adjustable. :Beer

s-10seats1.jpg

viiiball said:

could i use leather dye? if needed i'll take ny color except red,i think finding black may be easy :Beer

viiiball said:
could i use leather dye? if needed i'll take ny color except red,i think finding black may be easy :Beer

I would imagine you could use leather dye. Just make sure you get one that is really good since you will be sitting on the leather, and you do not want it to come off....especially on your clothes..... :Beer

make sure u take the silly M off of it and put the linc star back in where its supposed to be :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back