Help WITH BRAKES

2001LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
AHHHH My brakes just started squealing bad. I looked at them on the side it says 2001 proseries. looking through the rim if i was looking at the pad it seemed ok. but i couldnt see th inside. it is just the front doing it. it is very loud. i guess i will take it in on thurs. i hope they dont say that the pads are fine and just live with it. are those pads cheap. car has 50000 mi on it

If it VERY loud may be early warning tab.

Most brakes have a small piece of metal that make a lot of noise just before your pads hit the rivits, don't wait pads are cheap, disks are not.

If there are no groves in your disk yet, your OK. the warning tab can be temperarily bent back but not recommended. we all tend to forget...then it's too late.

Good Luck...

Axxis

2001LS said:
AHHHH My brakes just started squealing bad. I looked at them on the side it says 2001 proseries. looking through the rim if i was looking at the pad it seemed ok. but i couldnt see th inside. it is just the front doing it. it is very loud. i guess i will take it in on thurs. i hope they dont say that the pads are fine and just live with it. are those pads cheap. car has 50000 mi on it
You can look on ebay and get AXXIS pads for pretty cheap. Thats what i use for my "driving" style. More than likely you just need your rotors turned. You can also get those too on ebay, for a good price.
need anything let me know. The procedure is pretty simple. i did both installs myself.
Justin

I have AXXIS pads on the wife's LS. They squeal like a banshee, and I wouldn't purchase them again.

ok they said my rear needed replaced. Got home and the front are still sqealing. They said the front were fine. AHHHHHHH What can be done. I had an expy like this and i had them cleaned and buffed and it did no good. Any ideas besides replacing them.

It mainly does it if i put them on hard a couple times then when i use them again it squeals loud.

Members online

No members online now.
Back