Help 91 Town Car Smoking Driving Me Crazy

bigern

WOLF WITH RED ROSES
Reaction score
Help my 91 town car (4.6 ltr) 78k miles burns oil like crazy everthing has been replaced and checked from the engine compression (checked by the dealer and me) to the pvc valve. it does not foul plugs,no missing,no bad running. I am wondering has anyone else had this problem and i am thinking that me and the dealership is missing something small any ideas anyone

thanks

Ernie

No doubt about it valve stem seals !

How could a dealer be that dumb?

Tim

I had this problem at 260,000 miles but i didnt replace the valve stem seals
I used Jb motor treatment 2 diffrent kinds 1 every oil change smoking went
away

me and my other mechanic figured it out today any guesses anyone ????

Well. . . its a '91 with 78k miles, which could mean its sat for a long time without running sometime in its life. . .

Were one or more of the oil rings ruined?

ha ha

Ha welcome to the curse of the 4.6 lincoln modular v8 oh sorry V8! "not many cars can say that today" they do it, not much you can do about it, your going to spend money either way. personaly, i prefer to drop a quart of oil every once in a while as opposed to oil treatment heres why. my uncle has a 93 tc when he got it about 2 years ago it smoked a little bit e.g. when he would idle for a little while and take off, start up, and heavy take offs he poured a bottle of lucas stop leak in it guess what it stoped leaking yea the next oil change it started plumeing smoke and it has ever since my car on the other hand a 92 i noticed smokeing when i first got it over a year ago little has changed ive put about 18,000 miles on it mostely highway anyone want to guess how much $ I've spent on gas? oh God, any way, the moral is their is nothing wrong with a car that uses a little oil. in all my years i havent seen any fix come out of a bottle and bluntly think about it how much would it cost to replace the valve seals. your looking possibly thousands and you want to tell me a bottle costing 10.25 at autozone will do the same thing? I dont think so.

now hold on he didnt specify if it was a executive signature or cartier if it was the executive it has an analog odometer that only goes up to 99,999 then flips how many times could it have turned.

Ha welcome to the curse of the 4.6 lincoln modular v8 oh sorry V8! "not many cars can say that today" they do it, not much you can do about it, your going to spend money either way. personaly, i prefer to drop a quart of oil every once in a while as opposed to oil treatment heres why. my uncle has a 93 tc when he got it about 2 years ago it smoked a little bit e.g. when he would idle for a little while and take off, start up, and heavy take offs he poured a bottle of lucas stop leak in it guess what it stoped leaking yea the next oil change it started plumeing smoke and it has ever since my car on the other hand a 92 i noticed smokeing when i first got it over a year ago little has changed ive put about 18,000 miles on it mostely highway anyone want to guess how much $ I've spent on gas? oh God, any way, the moral is their is nothing wrong with a car that uses a little oil. in all my years i havent seen any fix come out of a bottle and bluntly think about it how much would it cost to replace the valve seals. your looking possibly thousands and you want to tell me a bottle costing 10.25 at autozone will do the same thing? I dont think so.

As I stated above the JB stuff works
I did the treatments for 4 oil changes 2 changes for each kind
and it didnt smoke after that also I had that TC for at least
another 25,000 miles
and I here the lucas stuff sucks for that

Members online

Back