HELP 2012 MKZ Trunk Light / Glove Box Light

eightiesgod

LVC Member
Reaction score
Really weird question, but I can't seem to find the location of the fuse for my trunk light. I was going to replace the bulb and was pulling the working bulb out since the whole bulb housing must come out and I heard a little electric spark and no more power there. It seems to have taken out the glove box bulb as well. Any ideas? Maybe a fuse location in the fuse box itself. Any help will be much appreciated. I can't seem to find any info. Thank you. Miss my Conti.

Update: Had an early morning trip and although my lights come on in the car when I open the door, when I manually hit the map light on either side they don't work, but if I use the dash switch to activate the lights front and back do come on. Also my lights in the vanity mirrors are out too. I am hoping it is just a fuse, but I can't seem to locate which one. Anybody have a similar issue? Thanks.

IMG_20200308_184449807_HDR_2.jpg

Well well, apparently 10 amp fuse number 25 was the culprit classified as demand lamps / power saver relay. Hope someone may find this useful as after replacement all is well until I replace the lamp again, fingers crossed.

Members online

Back