HELP 01 Deville huge tick sound

Not certain, but maybe a valve train problem? I'm sure sitting for that long doesn't help anything, I notice a check engine light, that could just be bad sensors though.

It seems to only be when its warm. Starts up fine. If I tap accelerator it fades away then comes back. Should I buy a new head? Like the cars been great to me its currently got 384,000 on it

It seems to only be when its warm. Starts up fine. If I tap accelerator it fades away then comes back. Should I buy a new head? Like the cars been great to me its currently got 384,000 on it
Is that Miles?!?!? If so, Bravo! For years I've preached about the longevity and potential of the Nothstar, the most I have personally ever seen was on an 07 DTS, 427,000 miles, and still running on the original engine and trans. As for your problem, I would have it diagnosed by a professional first, then decide what you're going to do, it's an 01 Deville with 350,000 miles (assuming you meant miles), so it's really a matter of how much you love the car, and how much you're willing to put into it, at that old with that many miles, it's really not worth anything anymore, but like I said if you love the car, and have money to put into it, then that's your decision. Us car guys tend to dump money into our car regardless of the cons, we've all been there and done that. I'm sorry I don't know more about your problem to help you, and seeing as nobody else posted, they must not know either. Like I said though, I think your first step would be to have a mechanic diagnose it, and then move on from there, get quotes on parts, or quotes on having it done professionally, then decide if it's worth it to you. :Beer

384000 kms lol could it possibly be carbon build up combined with sitting and then driving? It did have a really hazy black smoke from tailpipe for the first 15 mins of driving. Didn't really go away

It turned out to be a camshaft position sensor

Members online

No members online now.
Back