heater help

E

ERIC1

i have a 98 lsc and yesterday it was 76 degrees in nyc so i switched on my system lowered it from 82 to 60 and waited for ac well i dindt come only hot air. i cycled through all the options and no change i raised it back to 75 and the air was real hot i raised it to 90 and it was a little less hot i shut it off i cycled trough it all again and then i got my nice ice cold ac cycled it through again and got heat then ac like all was fine, so i ask you WTF???
Eric

Sorry to tell ya but I'm almost positive its your blend door acting up.

ERIC1 said:
i have a 98 lsc and yesterday it was 76 degrees in nyc so i switched on my system lowered it from 82 to 60 and waited for ac well i dindt come only hot air. i cycled through all the options and no change i raised it back to 75 and the air was real hot i raised it to 90 and it was a little less hot i shut it off i cycled trough it all again and then i got my nice ice cold ac cycled it through again and got heat then ac like all was fine, so i ask you WTF???
Eric
I had that happen 2 to 3 years ago .They had to tear out the dash! I was smart and had the long term warranty. It was not a cheap fix. :thread:

turn_on68 said:
I had that happen 2 to 3 years ago .They had to tear out the dash! I was smart and had the long term warranty. It was not a cheap fix. :thread:
it was the blend door. what and abolute pain in the a$$ to do but its done and works like a champ.
Eric

hay i kinda have a simaluar prob ,when i get in my car and set it to 72 when its hot out and cold air comes out, and the oposite when its cold out hot air comes out, except after a half hour it starts to put out ac when its only 30 out , even if the air temp inside is 50, the only way i can get heat is if its on 90? any takers? im thinking its the radio heating the air next to the temp sence and sending false readings.

ERIC1 said:
it was the blend door. what and abolute pain in the a$$ to do but its done and works like a champ.
Eric

What exactly has to be done to get it working properly? It seems i'm having the same problem and need to take care of it b4 the winter months.

Members online

No members online now.
Back