Headlight Lense Polish Results

96hotrodlincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So guys, after many months of owning the product and debating on whether or not I wanted to do this myself. I finally broke down today and did it. I figure, what's the worst that could happen, they could get worse! Oh well, it was worth the risk. It took me about two hours, give or take 30 minutes. The results were absolutely amazing and I'd recommend this product to anyone. Just take your time and follow the instructions and you'll be fine. The results are not the same as replacing the housings but they're better than yellowed housings and a hell of a lot cheaper on your wallet.

Check out the attached pics and see for yourself.

I did forget to take a picture of the light output before the polishing, sorry guys!

Thanks go out to Old Poop for recommending this product.

Look at all the pictures here!

Product.jpg

ImprovedClarity.jpg

DriversSideBeforeAfterSmall.jpg

PassSideBeforeAfterSmall.jpg

Alot of my problem was that the previous owner had the lights shot with clear which had weathered and started to flake off, that made them look worse than most yellowed lenses I've seen. It took me extra time trying to get sanded through all the clear that was still there. I thought I was going to have to go and buy a second kit because I almost used all the sanding pads. There is still some clear on the corners but I really wasn't too worried about those. I was more interested in the headlight portion.

I still haven't had it out for a night drive yet, still thinking about doing that, but I'm sure I'll be amazed. I did check the light output after polishing the passenger side light and compared it to the drivers and there was quite a noticeable difference. I just didn't think about taking a picture of it at the time.

So guys, I finally took it for a drive tonight and the output from the lights is remarkably better. If I had known, I would have done this a lot sooner. I can actually see where the beam is focused. I'm not too pleased with where it is focused and will be checking the alignment of my headlights tomorrow, just to be sure they are aligned properly. Other than that, I'm extremely satisfied.

Probably the best product I have purchased for my car for so cheap. I will definitely be using this on my 96 when I redo the housings on it.

im really jealous of you lsc guys. i hate my plastic chrome. the all white looks very nice

Members online

No members online now.
Back