Has this happened to you?

dzienkob

LVC Member
Reaction score
Why is it that the more careful you are with your automobile the more bad things happen to it? Since I've bought my LS, I've been backed into twice. Not to mention the random door dings that just suddenly appear around my LS. I always park where no one else parks, I try to keep it away from trees or anything else that might find its way on my vehicle, and still I manage to get dings, dents, scratches, and everything else my pocketbook hates but my autobody man loves. Today I was driving home from work and a rock hit my windshield, well I think you can guess what happened. I'm seriously considering selling the Lincoln and buying and $500 junker so I don't have to dwell upon the constant stress of what will happen next.

WHY DON'T OTHER POEPLE CARE?

It just seems that it's almost impossible to take pride in your ride when other people don't have the common courtesy to treat other people's property with respect. :Bang

Indeed it has. Most folks have no appreciation for what they own and even less about other peoples property.

ive always wondered that too. if people are going to spend soo much money on something y not take care of it. it boggles me

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got my car with no dings perfect 5 months ago, now it has a ugly ding on the trunk? wtf? has one one each front door, cant see it though, some light scratches, and my back bumper is now scratched from 'effin drivers who alwars hit my bumper tring to park. Luckily, ppl tell me that it looks new and cant notice them.. but me being the owner I know its imperfections.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got my car with no dings perfect 5 months ago, now it has a ugly ding on the trunk? wtf? has one one each front door, cant see it though, some light scratches, and my back bumper is now scratched from 'effin drivers who alwars hit my bumper tring to park. Luckily, ppl tell me that it looks new and cant notice them.. but me being the owner I know its imperfections.
lol i can point out EVERY SINGLE imperfection in my vehicle ....the littlest things drive me crazy..thats the bad thing about owning a luxury car, its such a big resonsibility to take care of..its like having an extra child

dzienkob said:
Why is it that the more careful you are with your automobile the more bad things happen to it? Since I've bought my LS, I've been backed into twice. Not to mention the random door dings that just suddenly appear around my LS. I always park where no one else parks, I try to keep it away from trees or anything else that might find its way on my vehicle, and still I manage to get dings, dents, scratches, and everything else my pocketbook hates but my autobody man loves. Today I was driving home from work and a rock hit my windshield, well I think you can guess what happened. I'm seriously considering selling the Lincoln and buying and $500 junker so I don't have to dwell upon the constant stress of what will happen next.

WHY DON'T OTHER POEPLE CARE?

It just seems that it's almost impossible to take pride in your ride when other people don't have the common courtesy to treat other people's property with respect. :Bang

I know exaclty how you feel when I had my 97 Continental 3 days after I got it rock into the window week and a half later some gave me hit and run and messed up my front bumper. Then I didnt have it all the way in the garage once and closed the door on the grill and scaped it. At that point I thought to my self why don't I just fix my 71 Ford back up so I dont need to worry about it anymore, next thing I knew 4 months later some girl rear ends me and pushes me into the car infront of me and totals my car but now I got my Mark and it been all good beside fixing the headlamps $1070 for 2 and a new rim $125.

stateproperty3423 said:
lol i can point out EVERY SINGLE imperfection in my vehicle ....the littlest things drive me crazy..thats the bad thing about owning a luxury car, its such a big resonsibility to take care of..its like having an extra child

You think this is bad try owning a $80k-$100k sports car, that you can rarely drive due to the fact that one rock chip or scratch can destore my chance at all most every Concours or car show I attend. Click below and have a look!
http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=1E13421
Some people call us nuts, crazy, bonkers, etc......I just call myself a lover of automobiles. "If you want nice material items you have to spend sometime with them too!", my late father used to say that. HAHA

-Scott-

I parked my LS one time like I usually park my cars....way off in the north 40 and walk to the store. I came out of the store just in time to see a guy in a brand new GMC pick up (still had the temp tag) take his shopping cart and shove it across the parking lot. Guess where it went. Right into my car. It left a huge gash in the top of the hood and fender where the bottom of the basket went across the top of my hood and fender. I yelled and ran after him, but he boogied like crazy and of course, there was no license plate since he had a temp. But I knew the GMC dealer very well and I just went over and found out who had bought a new green GMC pick up and they gave me his name. I tracked him down and called the cops. Since it was on private property, they told me it was a civil matter. I called the guy up and he about crapped when I told him who I was. He DEMANDED I tell him how I got his name. I told him to bite me and pay up. He laughed and said good luck getting a dime out of him. Soooo, that night, I drove by his house and the pick up was sitting in the driveway. I'll leave the rest to your imagination as I plead the 5th on a public forum!!!

oh man thats great.. not for your car. but for the gm dude.. I
hate people that shove those damn shoppin carts across the parking lot.. I just want to go rent a HUmmer or something really big and run all of those damn things over.. ecspecially on the windy days when they blow across the parking lot and hit your damn car.. man that really pisses me off!!!

Great feedback everyone. Isn't it in Texas where you can handle matters of personal property on your own, if you know what I mean?

Members online

Back