Handling

Dern Humpus

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought my mark viii a couple months ago and havent really had a good chance to test out the handling. I bought it to replace my integra which obviously felt like it handled much better than the mark.

However tonight when I was at walmart late the parking lot was empty so I took a couple turns pretty quicky with it and it surprisingly rotated pretty well. I autoxed my integra for over a year and did pretty decently with it. I didnt plan on autoxing this car since it weighs so much and I didnt figure it would handle as well as it seems to.

Has anyone autoxed their mark viii before? How did it do?

Dern Humpus said:
I just bought my mark viii a couple months ago and havent really had a good chance to test out the handling. I bought it to replace my integra which obviously felt like it handled much better than the mark.

However tonight when I was at walmart late the parking lot was empty so I took a couple turns pretty quicky with it and it surprisingly rotated pretty well. I autoxed my integra for over a year and did pretty decently with it. I didnt plan on autoxing this car since it weighs so much and I didnt figure it would handle as well as it seems to.

Has anyone autoxed their mark viii before? How did it do?

I've never heard that term before, what is autoxed ?

ERIC1 said:
auto cross

I must be a moron or have been asleep under a cabbage leaf for the last 40 yrs, I still don't know what auto cross is . :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

There has been a few. As a matter of fact, the guy (Nightsky) that is selling the billet grille for the Mark VIII has done it a few times.

Wider and lower profile tires, beefier swaybars front and rear, steeper gears and a set of custom-shortened coil-overs to lower the stance make the car a pretty decent autocrosser. But what hurts the car the most is the lack of torque that autocrossing requires. With the higher gearing, that helps to keep the car up in the power-band but I would still be looking at n/a engine mods to up the hp ante.

In the end, a 3800 lb car is not going to handle as well as a 2800 lb car. If you can dial in the weight transfer, you might be surprised at how nimble the car can be.

MonsterMark said:
Wider and lower profile tires, beefier swaybars front and rear, steeper gears and a set of custom-shortened coil-overs to lower the stance make the car a pretty decent autocrosser. But what hurts the car the most is the lack of torque that autocrossing requires. With the higher gearing, that helps to keep the car up in the power-band but I would still be looking at n/a engine mods to up the hp ante.

In the end, a 3800 lb car is not going to handle as well as a 2800 lb car. If you can dial in the weight transfer, you might be surprised at how nimble the car can be.

Thank you Bryan !!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back