Going to get tinted windows tomorrow...

Don't freak out over small imperfections at first. DO NOT roll down your windows for atleast 3-5 days. The imperfections dry out as the tint drys out... I had mine limo *5%* tinted thursday.. I'm dying in this 90 degree weather... yes I have AC, but it's a waste of gas =P.

Also, make sure you get a lifetime garuntee *almost all legit places offer this as long as you own your car* and don't pay over 180$

Get as dark as you think you will ultimately be comforable with in the back and not as dark on the drivers. I wish I had gone darker in the back. Make sure the guys doing it do not screw up the defrost/antenna in the back window.

make sure they plu gyour antenna back in... get limo all the way around except the windshield..

In some states there are regulations (and hefty fines) as to how dark you can tint your windows. Here in North Carolina they are strictly enforced. Law enforcement agents do not appreciate suspects who are able to hide behind dark tinted glass and aim a firearm at their person.

lincolnlarry said:
In some states there are regulations (and hefty fines) as to how dark you can tint your windows. Here in North Carolina they are strictly enforced. Law enforcement agents do not appreciate suspects who are able to hide behind dark tinted glass and aim a firearm at their person.

My broher is in Law Enforcement in Mo and has had the displeasure of looking down the barrel of a shotgun or rifle rom the rear of a dark tinted car on numerous occasions. I can appreciate their concern but as a law abiding citizen I feel I have the right to create the enviroment I wis in my automobile.

However, the law being the law I default to observing it.

I just got my windows tinted 35% all the way around. I waited 5 days and the first time I put my window down it broke. I got stuck with a $400 bill from the dealer to fix it. Now the tint shop dose not want to reambers me. I'm thinking about taking them to court. :mad:

Wow, thanks for the advice. Does anyone know the law for Michigan? Also, how much does it help keep the car cool? I have a black ls with black interior and it sure does get hot.

My broher is in Law Enforcement in Mo and has had the displeasure of looking down the barrel of a shotgun or rifle rom the rear of a dark tinted car on numerous occasions. I can appreciate their concern but as a law abiding citizen I feel I have the right to create the enviroment I wis in my automobile.

However, the law being the law I default to observing it.

Exactly. But I don't speed, I don't drive drunk or stupid. I see it this way. If the officer has a reason to pull me over, then he can ticket me for the windows, and in the event of me getting pulled over, all 4 windows are going to be rolled down, my interior light will be on and my hands will be on the steering wheel.

Of course last night after my mom's surprise b-day party I had a bunch of people over and we went on a beer run and this dumb female I was with rolled down the passenger window *it's only been about 2 1/2 days* halfway before I was like NOOO and rolled it back up.. Luckily it didn't mess it up.. and she "paid" for that later.... :dj:

:)

i just got my windows tinted 35% all the way around. I waited 5 days and the first time I put my window down it broke. I got stuck with a $400 bill from the dealer to fix it. Now the tint shop dose not want to reambers me. I'm thinking about taking them to court.

What broke? Your entire window? The antenna? If it was directly caused by the tint shop then they are liable to pay for it. But you're going to need to prove that.

crm2kmsu said:
Anyone have any tips for me? Anything I should know before I get my windows tinted?

Get it done the right way which is the legal way in your state. Here in Ohio the back windows can be spray painted black the but the front has to be at least 50% or you will be stuck with a hefty fine. Good luck!

-Scott-

ps Here is my LS with 50% front 35% in the rear u can hardly tell to be honest with you. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/ohioXKE/DSC00608.jpg

Arizona is pretty liberal with their allowed tints. Almost anything is allowed. Right now, my son is looking at a product that goes on the windshield that reflects light yet doesn't impair visability. The rest of his car is tinted pretty dark!

I'm so :q:q:q:qing pissed. Front two windows fine today *almost 5days w/o rolling em down* back left window fine also, I roll back right iwndow down and it puts a line of bubbles across the whole :q:q:q:qing thing.... Going to get the back window redone *they did a piss poor job* for free and gonna have em redo that too but damnit that pisses me off soooo bad.

Wait the full 5 days ESPECIALLY if it rains a lot in those 5 days *like it did here*....

The tint got jammed into the track and somehow messed up the regulator.

Directly from my recipt from Ford "Found l/f window tinting bound up in window regulator assembly causing seperation of track. Need new window regulator/track. Recomend return to window tint shop for possible cost recovery."

The tint shop dose not want to pay for it. They are saying that in there 20 years experience tint has never broken a window. I guess I'll have to take matter into my own hands.

If you listened to their guidelines to the T, and it messed up, then it's on them. Tell them they need to reimburse you or the lawyer will step in. It's as simple as that. Don't threaten, just tell them, they F'ed up and need to man up to their mistake.

Heh i actually got a ticket for my tint a couple weeks ago. I am going to get the tint removed then re applied to the front windows. Its just a $15 fix it here in california. The place i went to actually said they would remove and reinstall tint if u got a ticket so i am in luck. I should scan my ticket for yall. lol California laws :V

Meh, i have 5% all the way around.
ticket.jpg

whatsupadrian said:
Meh, i have 5% all the way

Bummer on the ticket but thanks for posting it... we were sitting around in a meeting last week trying to figure out what phone numbers the cops have listed on the their traffic tickets for the various courts. (I work for their telecom department)

With that aside I'm in the market for having my windows done, do you mind telling me where you had yours done?

I just recently got my windows tinted. In Pennsylvania the law is 35% all around no more. So i went 25 just to be sure. No point in there being an argument. I don't much like talkin to the police as we do not see things the same way for the most part.

I think in some states when you get a ticket for tinted windows you just pay a small fine instead of having to remove the tint.

slagburn said:
Bummer on the ticket but thanks for posting it... we were sitting around in a meeting last week trying to figure out what phone numbers the cops have listed on the their traffic tickets for the various courts. (I work for their telecom department)

With that aside I'm in the market for having my windows done, do you mind telling me where you had yours done?

The ticket was unfortunate. Cops are extremely leanient around here about tint. 95% of the time you had to have done something wrong to begin with then they will add in tint or whatever. I have always had 5% all around and have had like 10 tickets or so and only had 2 that had tint added on there. 1 with front license plate added on there too. The first time i got the ticket for tint the cop said. "Damn i need to look up the Vehicle Code Violation because i haven't written a tint ticket in forever." Whatever, no biggie, i don't mind tickets/fins. Its the insurance that really sodomizes ya.

There is a tint shop down the street from me that i go to. I forgot the name but its on Leffingwell and Imperial. I deal with a guy there named Sergio, my whole family always take our cars there and he cuts us a deal. He carged me 125 for my tint /w lifetime guarantee and will replace if i got a ticket or whatever.

LA is a different court. I live in LA too but i got the ticket in OC

I had my wife's LS tinted 35% all around and 20% on the rear. It looks like the LS has some very light tint in the glass itself because they look much darker then the tint on my Pathfinder. My tint shop has been in biz for a long time and the chic who tinted the windows said just wait 2 days before rolling them down.

5%

i had 5% put on everything except the windshield(thinking about the 35% for the front shield) (i am a private investigator and i spy on people with me car) but i love it and ive gotten all my parents cars done this way and they love it and now even some of the neighbors are tinting with 5% the tint guy i use is the :q:q:q:q and he is lovin the biz he's getting so go dark and drive smart

Members online

No members online now.
Back