gears

00ls-sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
when i had my exhaust replaced, i noticed that we have a 8" differential. obviously, 8.8" gears will not work. lincoln has 3 sizes...none are cheap. i was looking at my summit catalog and came across 8" ford gears. would these work or not? gears. doesn't say by application, but 8" is 8", right!

i'm somewhat happy with my 3.31's. i was just trying to help others out. my link shows several different gears for an 8" unit, including 3.80, 4.11, and 4.62. just wasn't sure if there is a difference in ford 8" diffs. i work at ford, so i know there are only 3 "oem" gear ratios. i read that thread already. sounds like he is very happy!

00ls-sport said:
i'm somewhat happy with my 3.31's. i was just trying to help others out. my link shows several different gears for an 8" unit, including 3.80, 4.11, and 4.62. just wasn't sure if there is a difference in ford 8" diffs. i work at ford, so i know there are only 3 "oem" gear ratios. i read that thread already. sounds like he is very happy!

Does anyone have the specs on the LS diff, besides the obvious? I would be very interested in a real low set of gears.

00ls-sport said:

Those WILL NOT fit. Not even close.

By the way, there is a complete IRS on eBay for $200. It claims to be out of a 2003. I believe that's 3.58's, right? Regardless...that's cheap for a set of gears already in a pumpkin. Someone should jump on that.

2001LS8Sport said:
Those WILL NOT fit. Not even close.

By the way, there is a complete IRS on eBay for $200. It claims to be out of a 2003. I believe that's 3.58's, right? Regardless...that's cheap for a set of gears already in a pumpkin. Someone should jump on that.

I agree with ya 2001LS8, but the only problem is shipping. I have another 3.58 pumpkin I bought as a spare and it cost me $100 just to truck freight it from Ohio to Illinois. I cant imagine what the whole rear assembly would cost to ship. If you guys need help finding 3.58 pumpkins, I have a good source. I can get most at $350-400 to your door. Its the shipping that kills you on these. The pumpkin is pretty heavy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back