Forscan question

afbryant

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a used PCM. Evidently, there are basically two ways to buy one. First, for more money; " We require you to provide us with your vehicle identification number (VIN) and current ECM part number in order to program this part to your vehicle". Then, all I need to do is use Forscan to program the PATs
The other way is to buy the matching PCM and:"This item will require on-car programming, coding or flashing during installation in order to work with your vehicle. Please confirm that you or your repair facility can perform this procedure before making your purchase
My question is, will Forscan program the vin and code it to the car as well as the PATS?

Hi af.

I just purchased one from Flagship One for my 2000 LS. It came preprogrammed with the VIN. Then using ForScan I configured the PATS with no problems! ForScan states that you need two keys to do this but I only used one. Let me know if you have questions.

Hi af.

I just purchased one from Flagship One for my 2000 LS. It came preprogrammed with the VIN. Then using ForScan I configured the PATS with no problems! ForScan states that you need two keys to do this but I only used one. Let me know if you have questions.
how how did you program it in forscan like i need a step by step i cant figure it out really and cant find anything online i also bought from flagship one

It's pretty intuitive, actually. I'll see if I can grab some screen shots for you later.

Firstly, can you connect to your vehicle with the ForScan software?

Do you have two working keys?

I need to know what we're working with here.

Dennis

Members online

Back