Fixing wheels finish

JWerner2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to fix my winter wheels. It seems like the Zinc from my rotors came off and coated the lip of the wheel with this horrible rough gunk that I cant get off.

I gave everything a shot from wadding polish to the yellow power ball and I cant get it off. I got it of a little bit but the :q:q:q:qs on man. I even soaked it in the bath tub and used some dish detergent with a soft sponge and I got no results at all!

Some one told me to just sand it down and I almost have no other choice. What should I do?

Polished with a clear coat. I am assuming what ever the stuff on it from the corrosion of the disc's destroyed the clear coat and finish any way. i am thinking sanding is the way to go I just have to buff it out and try to polish it and find someone to clear coat it.

But I am not sure just yet.

What do you think?

If it's the wheels in your photo gallery, then you are going to need to use Eagle One nanopolish with corrosion remover. Works wonders. Just make sure it's safe for your wheel finish. It'll say on the bottle.

Someone else pointed to DLR corrosion remover. I've never heard of it, nor tried it. It's supposedly easier to remove the corrosion with it though. Again, I can't speak for this one, since I've never tried it.

No no,....lol someone offerd to sell me those wheels. I explained by the pic it seems as if they have some rash and he said they dont so I saved the photo so I could circle the, what I thought was rash, upload it here, and show him but we decided that it is just poor lighting.

LMFAO. I told yah so! j/k!

I gave eagle one wadding polsih a shot but that failed me.

i found some great DIY's from other forums like this one here as far as the rash I have goes and I guess the sanding process will just kill the crap on the wheels anyways.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3156862&postid=37272312

Once I give it a shot I will record the process and ask for a sticky. I will show full detail and post this link in as well with some credit towrad it.

haha... yeah I was going to ask if those were NickT88 (or something)'s wheels. I'd still try that nanopolish. You'd be amazed at what that stuff can do.

Dude it ain't coming off. I even soaked it in the bath tub and just scrubbed and scrubbed with all sorts of stuff. I didn't harm any of the finish else were but like I said ( I was editing while you were responding LOL!! ) I am just going to sand the whole thing down and if I cant come up with a DIY brushed look I will just paint it a new color.

Someone else comment and thank you pektel, I wana try to save what i could before I jump into this project cause it may take a few months to knock it down properly.

The clearcoat on the wheels should be a bit tougher than body paint clearcoat. Try a more abrasive polish, P21S wheel cleaner, a claybar, or very fine grit wet sandpaper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back