Five Hundred may spawn Town Car; Ford considering awd, V8 sedan

Ford just keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

that " doing the best with what we have and not.." quote is exactly what i have thought ford has been doing for the past decade.

Northstar was out before Intech.
ford just seems to ignore the HP trend that is skyrocketting everyone elses sales.
while a deville in the 90s had 300 or 275 hp, towncars were at what? 200-225?
i know the sts i test drove would stomp the :q:q:q:q out of the towncar i have now.
and that ford 500 is ugly, if they base the new TC design off of the 500, i will probably start driving a kia.

Nakoa said:
Ford just keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

that " doing the best with what we have and not.." quote is exactly what i have thought ford has been doing for the past decade.

Northstar was out before Intech.
ford just seems to ignore the HP trend that is skyrocketting everyone elses sales.
while a deville in the 90s had 300 or 275 hp, towncars were at what? 200-225?
i know the sts i test drove would stomp the :q:q:q:q out of the towncar i have now.
and that ford 500 is ugly, if they base the new TC design off of the 500, i will probably start driving a kia.

If ford does produce the towncar from the 500 chasis, it will be heavily modified and will look like a lincoln! Furthermore, the 500 is not an ugly car, I have never met anyone who has said it was. Plus, it is safer and more sensible than the 300. It is believed that the hype over the chrysler made, overrated, cheaply manufactured ,hubcap covered hunk of american embarrasment is wanning and will soon be dead. I believe that the ford is a better car. I drove the touring version of the 300 and the 3.0 version of the 500, the acceleration in the 500 is far smother, faster, and much more technologically advanced than that of the 300 which relies on old technology. Plus the 500 gets better gas mileage and has better legroom as well as trunk room let alone curb appeal.

500 Rocks.

TownCar97 :L

I retract my statement about the 500 being ugly. i got to see one up close today at a dealership and it is a pretty sexy car.

What the *&%$ is ford doing. If they get rid of the Town Car I'll be sick. I have a 95 and i love it. Maybe in 10 years I'll be able to buy a 2005, but not if they discontinue it. I just pray they keep the towncar the way it has always been, BIG & RWD. I hope this isnt true.
Derek a.k.a. 95ltc

and if that happens this websites name will have to change form lincolnvscadillac.com to jaguarvscadillac.com because when im through with school im buying a brand new tc, and if they arent what they used to be, ill go bankrupt buying a jag.

I agree a 5.4 or at least a 3 valve beefed 4.6 and a 5 speed would make it more competative to others in its class. On the lincoln tc a (dependable) independant rear suspension would help to distinguish it from the cv & gm's. So it wouldn't just look like a churched up crown vic. While I don't think it is I have heard many say so espically when new before depreciation or rebates kick in. Going fwd would be a poor idea maybe awd with a rear bias. But doing either fwd or awd would kick the price up and nullify the profit of the oldschool panther platform.

Word on the street is that the good people at Ford are going to continue the Panther boys until at least 2010, I presuming because they need some time to decide what to do with them. The Panthers are due for a total redesign in 2006, retaining the hydroformed chassis and HOPEFULLY an all new interior (with hopefully a new steering wheel...the new one doesn't have controls for the fan! OH THE HORROR!)

Members online

No members online now.
Back