finally bought a mark VIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC with 100k, all the options except sunroof, brand new air suspension for $3000. So what are some free mods or cheap mods I can start with? Anyone know a link to the J-mod?

thanks,
scott

Sensor lowering (and the tires that are on the car in the pix are 225/50/16's....smaller sidewalls):
barney.jpg

barney1.jpg

oldshoes.jpg

oldshoes1.jpg

oldshoes2.jpg

Switch lowering (not free, but almost at $35 from me):
barneylow.jpg

omgitfell.jpg

1wykdmk8 said:
Sensor lowering (and the tires that are on the car in the pix are 225/50/16's....smaller sidewalls):
barney.jpg

barney1.jpg

oldshoes.jpg

oldshoes1.jpg

oldshoes2.jpg

Switch lowering (not free, but almost at $35 from me):
barneylow.jpg

omgitfell.jpg
switch lowering, u can lower your car with a switch? Where do I find more info on that?

thanks,
scott

e-mail ray hi did my car to, its really cool, for 35 bucks its worth for what your car looks like when its parked

-Eric

good luck

congrats from another 95 mark owner
you'll love it, you just will not love fixing it,
by the way i have 150,000 miles on mine, enjoy

Glad to hear you got yourself a Mark, dude. Another Oklahoma LvCer is on the road!!

Remove the air scilencer, air resovuar, drill the intake box(or how i did it, take off the front piece, and clamp and tape the k&n on. That is if you dont mind poping the hood and looking at it every time it rains). If you know an exhaust shop near ya, you could get them to cut off the resonaitor and quick weld on an appropriate sized tube in its place, shouldnt be more than $30. it gets you nice and loud (at the higher rpms) as for actual power...nothing you can do for free.

MrWilson said:
Remove the air scilencer, air resovuar, drill the intake box(or how i did it, take off the front piece, and clamp and tape the k&n on. That is if you dont mind poping the hood and looking at it every time it rains). If you know an exhaust shop near ya, you could get them to cut off the resonaitor and quick weld on an appropriate sized tube in its place, shouldnt be more than $30. it gets you nice and loud (at the higher rpms) as for actual power...nothing you can do for free.
any info on removing the air silencer or dilling the intake box on the net?

thanks,
scott

sho89mtx said:
any info on removing the air silencer or dilling the intake box on the net?

thanks,
scott

Please just check out the tech pages. It's all there, step by step with pictures. Saves everyone a lot of time. If you have any trouble let us know.

The airbox mod wont be a "noticeable" increase in power (if any, many arguements on this) but it sure sounds awesome. FIRST thing you should do is flush out the transmission fluid and put in synthetic (Mercon V) or you will be plagued with a crap transmission soon enough. Get a cooler too. Happened to me (Dennis Reinhart hooked me up nice with a rebuild and a 2800 stall conv), plus, no general shop knows how to rebuild these, and they F*** them up beyond belief. The JMOD shouldnt take too long and the parts arent that expensive, just keep everything clean (What irritates your eye, something that size can irritate a valve body)

One nice quick mod is using AWSFA-12C plugs and a 180 degree thermostat. Changing the plugs is easy, the t-stat is HELL. Find a shop that will do it for 1 hour labor, its not worth the hassle unless you're young and limber.

I dont know whom sponsors stuff here, but Dennis at Reinhartautomotive.com programs chips for these babies, with COMPLETE lookup table refs, not just this Superchip bullcrap of WoT only or the famous $20 eBay item that ruins your engine with knock. Other nice mods are cost-effective, like the throttoe body kit/icebox from lincolnmotorsports (A LVC sponsor)

seanklsc said:
That's not an LSC. It's a basic model.
u sure? It's not big deal if it isn't, but the book, the title, and everything that came with is says 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC on it. Is there a way to tell for sure?

thanks,
scott

The book shouldn't say it. You may have read a little card in your glovebox that says it, for some reason they all did. Carfax actually says it in error. Your car happens to be a base model.

Members online

No members online now.
Back