Factory HID headlight conversion for Town Car

Tahoelover2002

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently started the conversion of my 2008 Signature Limited from the halogen headlights it came with to the HID headlights that were offered as an option for that year. I wanted everything to be all original and factory (yes I know I can get conversion kits for much cheaper but I only like OEM stuff) so I contacted Lincoln Corporate and they were able to help me figure out what I needed to change out as far as parts to make the conversion work. With the help of people on these forums, I was provided a VIN number of a car that came from the factory with HIDs. I then took my VIN number and the car's VIN that has HIDs and compare the parts lists. I was told from Lincoln Corporate as well and serval, SEVERAL dealerships (I called numerous ones to verify that the info I was getting was correct) that the only difference was the headlight assembly itself (which includes the bulb, ballast etc...). The wiring harness, headlight switch, LCM (lighting control module) were all the same. I ordered the Ford HID headlight assemblies and $3k later I have them in hand.

Today I went to installed them. They went in without a hassle and they look great! My issues is: when I have the car off and i manually turn the headlight come on as they should with no issues. The moment I key the car on or start it and have it running the headlights flicker (both on AUTO and manual on). My question is for those out there who may be a Ford tech....is the LCM (lighting control module) on the Town Cars programmable as far as do I need to have mine reprogrammed to let the car know there are now HID installed and not halogen lights? BC everything parts wise is correct and in order and as stated before the headlights work fine with the car off. But once it is keyed on or started and the computer kicks on, they start flickering. My guess is that this is a programming issue. Anyones opinion or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also as a side note for those who work as techs for Ford. I heard that there is a Ford help line for techs that help them solve issues such as this in the shop. If anyone is willing to help me out and give them a call to see what they say, that would be GREATLY appreciated! I work for Peterbilt and I know we have the same type of help center and they also get in touch with Peterbilt engineers or District Service managers that may have the answers/diagrams/ etc.... I didn't know if Ford's worked the same way.

Members online

No members online now.
Back