expensive oil leak question

abbranch

LVC Member
Reaction score
okay got a good one here anybody ever had a oil leak in a mark coming from the front of the engine out of the timing chain compartment cover. just came back from the shop and he told me that sometimes the timing chain gets a little lacks over the years and when it does it runs against the compartment cover putting a whole in the cover, which is what he said it did, so its going to run about 700.00 to fix between part and labor just wondering if anybody else had this problem and did you get a better price. let me know if it's a common problem. :feedback

If I remember correctly, On my mustang it was suggested that I change the timing chain at 100k.

I actually had a major leak coming from the power steering pump. I had it replaced and actually found out that the oil gasket was leaking more oil than power steering fluid. YIKES! The oil gasket was leaking so they replaced it and my car was leak free for about a week or so. NOW, the damn thing is still leaking, checked today and seems to be oil. So I need to bring it in again so they could find the culprit. Hopefully this damn car gets leak free soon, it's holding me back and costing me precious money that I could be buying in other necessities for the Mark at this time.

guys,there's an oil filter housing adapter, that leaks like a bastard, it's happened to both of mine(I think there's a pattern here),i'd check it first,once it starts leaking it get's bad very quickly,it's a pain to change yourself but most shops will rape you on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back