error code analysis

mach8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
After blinking at me for months the check engine light went steady so I pulled the following codes/discriptions:

P0402 EGR flow excessive

P1151 fuel air metering manufacturer control

So, where do I start, and are these items related?

The auto on the rack is a 1996 Mark VIII, base model, engine type V with 134K on the odometer.

you drove the car drove the car for a few MONTHES with the c/e Blinking?!?
oh god the first place id start is your local lincoln dealer or a place with the diagnostic tools to find all the stuff you burned out. if your c/s light is blinking it means you have a mis-fire if you drove for monthes that way i really dont know what to say could be wrong. sorry
Eric

ERIC1 said:
you drove the car drove the car for a few MONTHES with the c/e Blinking?!?
oh god the first place id start is your local lincoln dealer or a place with the diagnostic tools to find all the stuff you burned out. if your c/s light is blinking it means you have a mis-fire if you drove for monthes that way i really dont know what to say could be wrong. sorry
Eric

It wasn't "blinking". It would come on for a day or so, then go off for some time, then come back on. Sometimes it would be on for an hour, sometimes longer. Once when it was off, after just being on I took it in for a smog check and it passed no problem.

mach8 said:
It wasn't "blinking". It would come on for a day or so, then go off for some time, then come back on. Sometimes it would be on for an hour, sometimes longer. Once when it was off, after just being on I took it in for a smog check and it passed no problem.
o ok thank god maybe the fuel pump it goin south. i am not really sure.
Eric

I'm kinda diappointed, 49 views and one response. Where's all the tech type folks?

Members online

No members online now.
Back