Engine Idling Hours

Tahoelover2002

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have one ‘08 TC, two ‘03 TCs and one ‘06 TC. I recently saw in a ‘07 livery TC that picked me up, that there was an “Enigne Idle .......hours” section on the message center and/or gauge cluster. I do not have that in any of mine. I wanted to see if this was something I can possibly add to my gauge cluster. I would assume it has something to do with programming. I do have some high level scanners and well as access to Ford’s software. Any help or comments would be appreciated. I just wanted to see if it was possible or if someone had done it before. Thank you!

Not sure about the 2006 but it should be possible on the 2008, it is definitely programming related as I have enabled it on my 2010 Signature Limited.

You need a tool capable of writing a custom as built such as Forscan on a PC. In theory you should be able to do this with Ford's own software as well.

You need to enable the 7th 'bit' of bank one, of 0720-01-01 (The instrument cluster).

If you want you can send me a PM with your vin and I can create the information for you to use, as for the 2006 all can do is try. Worst that happens is it won't work and you revert it back to factory (as Built) specifications.

Members online

No members online now.
Back