Electric issues with my MK8

Alex_Suarez

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Community.
I wanted to ask for some help for some guidance. I have a 96 mark 8 9 with the JBL. I am out of state now, so my car has been sitting for a bit and moved like once a week by my wife. One day she calls me saying its dead, so it got jump-started and has been good for one week. Nex week its dead again, this time battery was so low it had to be pushed in garage. I got the alternator changed.... And battery was checked and tested and found as said to be okay.
Well, car is still draining.
My wife said that with radio off, and when jump starting or with car running, horrible noises came from the speakers. I thought to myself that the amp is fucking up, which it has been failing me before.
A mechanic friend tested the fuse box and said that their is a drain from the circuit that holds the mirrors, seat, and cabin lights or instrument lighting..
Any ideas on how to really check and figure this out? I appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows anyone who can check it in LA or preferably Ventura County please let me know

Thank you all for the response. The amplifier was faulty and causing the drain.. atleast for now. Took it out and battery is holding. Hopefully that is it... I hate electrical stuff, specially in a car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back