Electric Fan: On & Off

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What do you think. When should your fan be truned on and then, turned off. Painless Performance Products makes an electric fan kit. That you could have your fan(s) truned on when temp raises to 200 degrees and then it will trun off at 185 degrees or there other kit is for 185 degrees on and 170 degrees off. So, whats best for a 302 5.0L?

I was going to do both. One for each fan. First fan would be on at 185 and then if need the second fan would turn on at 200. But I don't think Sifrino ever gets up to running temp. I can drive around all day. Just letting the t-stat doing what ever it does. But it swhould change during the summer. Sind it will be 35-50 degrees warmer outside.

Another question is. How could I over ride these controls. So, I can use a switch. So, if I wanted to run the fans I can and if I don't want them to run. I can shut them down. This would be used when at the track.

One more question. This is for Ovr Cst. Its an 84' LSC. Whats the best temp for running. It doees not have a temp gauge. But am adding a water and trans temp gauge. It burns a little oil. But Im thinking its because it over heats. It had a little circle on the hood. (Paint Pealing) Right above the radiator. I was told it was from heat. . .

Members online

No members online now.
Back