Driver's side valve cover replacement questions.

Shmoops

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello.

New member here who just picked up an 97 Mark & I have oil on 3 of 4 plugs on driver's side. Been cruising the various forums for a bit to find out how to best go about getting the VC off & replaced. So far it appears that pulling the DS motor mount bolt & raising that side of engine is considered best practice, but many of the posts i've found are quite old & sometimes they reference even older posts that are no longer valid. Anything else i need to know? So far I've got the VC loose & most the lines/cables going over the top out of the way i believe except for the main loom that clips down next to the injectors themselves. Haven't figured out the best way to pull that loom off the long studs w/o damaging something. I'm guessing that loom needs moved as well so the top side of VC has extra space to move.

Thanks

Last edited:
71h21vr4xRL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Yes you are correct on lifting up that side of the motor
You can also losen the window wiper Cowel also to gain more room
I have also removed the two bolts holding the master to the booster and moved the master out of the way just a little by bending the brake lines

Thanks. Sadly i ended up taking a bunch of stuff out of the way & still unbolting motor mount & rocking engine. Folk weren't kidding when they said the driver's side isn't much fun. Now that's done i have to diagnose engine that runs ok & idle but doesn't want to rev, but stutters & backfires. Going to start @ fuel filter & check the pressure with a tester then perhaps the CPS if fuel checks ok

Members online

No members online now.
Back