Door not sealing properly

figure8repai

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. 2006 Lincoln Town Car owner here. I had new driver door hinges installed at a shop, they weren't able to align it properly and I took my car to a 2nd shop. The 2nd shop got it latching much better but now i'm hearing road noise and it seems the door weatherstrip isn't sealing properly. One of my weatherstrips is damaged, but i don't think that's the cause of the problem because it has always been like that and was fine before new hinge installation. I've taken a video and some pictures of both doors to compare. Any insights on how to fix this, i'm thinking the door needs to be adjusted still to get proper sealing of the weatherstrip. Maybe someone here can help?

Video:
Drivers side:
Passenger side:

Also, here is the thread i posted on lincolnsonline forums... Sagging door fixed, not sealing all the way on the way - Lincolns OnLine Message Forum

Thank you and happy holidays everyone.

- Figure8Repairs

Yeah... door hinges are a pain to get properly adjusted. It usually takes 2 people, and a floor jack (and some patience).

You have "in and out" on both top and bottom hinges, and "up and down" at the same time... while also having to adjust the striker.

This job is probably best done by a good (reputable) body shop.

And after watching your video... you would probably want to get the door hinges color matched and painted by the body shop.

The hinges are plated... but will still rust over time. The body shop will (should) "bake" the hinges after painting, before install.

Members online

No members online now.
Back